Absolutely! You can take parts out or add more in, everything is customisable so just ask us for suggestions. Remember we have been on all of the trips so we can tailor make the best itinerary for you and your budget.
This is one of the most popular backpacking routes for good reason. Particularly good if you are travelling alone and worried about meeting people. Its group adventures all the way, fully supported yet loads of freedom and flexibility to have an amazing trip.
Round The World Thailand & Australia: Trip Highlights
The Best Parts Of Thailand & Australia
This is a classic trip to some of the most popular backpacking locations. Stopping off in Thailand enroute is the perfect way to start, with rich culture and history, stay at an elephant camp, bustling Bangkok, incredible beaches and a great backpacker party scene you will do it all the four week Xtreme Thailand Experience. With one month enjoying a very full on mixed itinerary with plenty of action and mind-blowing travel moments you will recharge and really get into the travel mood.
Your next stop will be Australia, where we have an amazing first week planned for you, with job assistance if you want it. Which is perfect to help you work and travel Australia. Plus after that, we include a flexible hop on hop off East coast pass so you can spend as little or as long as you like travelling Australia from Sydney to Cairns doing some amazing activities en route.
This is a cut-down version of our round the world Australasia programme so if you want to add on places like New Zealand and Fiji you may want to check that one out too, or if you have other idea let us know! We can custom built trips too.
Round The World Thailand & Australia Photos
- Thailand: Xtreme Thailand Experience: 4 weeks (set start date)
- Australia: Sydney ConneXion: 7 nights (set start date)
- Australia: OzExperience Bruce pass, bus pass. Min 10 days, advised 2.5 weeks, Max 6 months.
Experience Thailand with our top selling trip. Four adventure-filled weeks, that will take you from Bangkok to the heart of Thailand, to the tropical beaches of Koh Tao. Our included airport collection, Thai guides, guaranteed group numbers and jam-packed itinerary make this ideal for first time or solo travellers. Meet new people, make new friends, plus choose from 5 awesome activities for your 3rd week and have an unforgettable month-long journey.
Link to Xtreme Thailand Experience Programme
This is the ultimate beginning to an epic adventure in Australia. The Sydney ConneXion is all about having an amazing first week, meeting new friends and doing some incredible adventures fully guided in one of the coolest cities in the world. Whilst you’re out having fun we take care of all the hassle enabling you to get set up with a job with a 12 month membership access of the best backpacker job network in Australia. Everything is taken care for you so no worries about arriving in Australia this can turn into one of the most daunting yet exciting things you will ever do!
Link to the Sydney ConneXion Programme
Bruce Pass Oz Experience The Bruce Pass from Oz Experience allows you to travel from Sydney to Cairns on a flexible hop on hop off backpacker bus. Guides accompany you all the way and it is one of the most popular backpacking options to get you up the East Coast. We will beat any price on this pass.
Link to the Bruce Pass programme
Because you stay in various different locations throughout the trip accommodation does vary, however, expect to stay in comfortable and clean and secure accommodation. On the islands, you will stay in a luxury resort, with a swimming pool set in beautiful Thai Gardens just a short walk from the beach and bars and restaurants.
You will be staying in downtown Sydney in the wakeup hostel, voted one of the best hostels in Australia, and consistently hitting the top of trip advisor. The wakeup hostel is an awesome place to be located as everything is on your doorstep including our team who have their offices based directly in front of where you’ll be staying.
That means you can pop in there at any stage, access their free Internet (kind of handy in Australia is everywhere tends to charge you) but also you’ll be staying in one of the swankiest hostels in Australia. There are loads of facilities available at the wakeup hostel, good chill out areas, comfy beds and safe and secure rooms. Is also slap bang in the middle of backpacker district, which means it’s really social, and everything is on your doorstep.
After the firts 7 days there is no accommodation included.
You might get nervous, but you should not. By now you are an experienced traveller and our team in Australia can help you out and show you how it wors. Pretty easy actually as there is wifi everywhere and there are a lot of backpacker hostels! Tal to one of our team they are happy to advise you as well!
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
12 Month -Book Now
Currently on sale with 5% off. Book today to avoid disappointment; this deal will not last long!
Was USD 3119
Now USD 2963
The First 2 weeks
- Personal meet & greet at the airport
- Transfers to your hotel in Bangkok
- Meet your other adventurers: Access to online buddy lists before you leave!
- Unforgettable Bangkok city tour
- Wat Arun, Wat Pho & Reclining Buddha
- 13 nights total accommodation in high standard guesthouses and homestays
- Breakfast during the first 2 weeks
- Some delicious meals included
- A 2 day elephant experience with food included
- River rafting experience
- 2 days of trekking in a stunning national park
- Night markets & Nights Out
- Cookery class
- 24 hour emergency support
- Maximum group size 26
- Overnight Transfer to Koh Tao
On Koh Tao
- Koh Tao adventure day which includes:
- Boat around the island
- Snorkelling in crystal clear waters round a tropical paradise island
- Spectacular trek up to an incredible view point
- Koh Tao Extra Activities Included
- Beach BBQ after beach Clean up day
- Beach Clean up day
- Stand Up Paddling
- Xtreme Discover Scuba Dive
- Koh Tao activity option Week inclusions (pick one option):
- Get fit pack: 5 Muay Thai Sessions (5 hours), all equipment (for rent included) and training one on one with a Muay Thai Trainer
- Get ripped pack: 4 Crossfit sessions. These 4 classes will teach you all the basic movements and techniques of CrossFit
- Xtreme Freediving Pack: a 2-day beginner free diving course
- Relax With Yoga: 5 yoga sessions spread out over 5 days
- The learn to dive course includes a full PADI open water course, course materials, instruction and 4 dives
- Full Moon Party
- All Accommodation
- Breakfast on arrival on Koh Tao
- 12 nights accommodation in standard fan room in Koh Tao at our luxury resort
- Free Wi-Fi at the accommodation
- Pick up from the boat and transfer to the resort in Koh Tao by taxi
- Back up & support second to none. Services of our tour leaders and English-speaking reps who are available and based locally 24/7.
- Airport transfer
- 7 nights accommodation in a dorm in Sydney
- Guided Sydney city tour
- Harbour cruise day trip
- 2-night beach escape
- Sand dune off roading
- National park bush walk
- Dolphin trip
- Sydney party bus pub crawl
- Sydney beaches tour
- Just landed info session
- Online RSA for QLD, NT,WA,SA
- Bar skills course
- Job search assistance for 12 months
- Cv review
- Australian bank account
- Mail forwarding for 12 months
- Sim Card activated number given on arrival
- Tax file number arranged
- Medicare organised
- Tax refund advice
- Travellers Discount Card
- Free in Sydney offices
- 24-hour emergency number
- Assistance from the locally based team
- Detailed pre departure pack before you leave
- Oz experience Bruce pass
- One way travel between Sydney and Cairns (or vice versa)
- Surf Lesson (Byron Bay)
- 1N Magnetic Island stopover (Townsville)
- Atherton Tablelands (Cairns)
- Flights (although we can help arrange – budget up to £1800)
- Travel Insurance
- Spending money
- Meals other than those included on the itineraries
- Accommodation unless stated in the included section
Frequently Asked Questions
Simply ask us! We have travelled extensively to these destinations can give you first-hand advice as to what to do expect.
The cost of your airline travel is not included in the trip, we can put you in touch with our preferred round the world flight partners who can help with booking the necessary flights to complete the trip. Expect to pay in the region of about £1300 for a standard round the world flight….
With the exception of the start date for the Thailand Entourage, and the Sydney connection everything else is flexible so you can spend as long as you like on this trip. This is quite handy to combine with Australia working holiday Visa programs.
Special payment conditions
On round the world bookings we can stage payment to make it easier to save, you can of course pay all at once.
- Time of booking if travelling in more than 6 months -25% deposit of the balance
- At 16 Weeks until departure – 50% of the balance
- 12 weeks before departure – the remaining 25% balance.
This ensures you have enough time to save for your flights, spending money and insurance.
Round The World Thailand & Australia Trip Dates
15 July 2018
05 August 2018
02 September 2018
30 September 2018
28 October 2018
02 December 2018
Start Dates 2019
06 January 2019
03 February 2019
03 March 2019
31 March 2019
28 April 2019
02 June 2019
30 June 2019
28 July 2019
25 August 2019
29 September 2019
27 October 2019
24 November 2019