Absolutely! You can take parts out or add more in, everything is customisable so just ask us for suggestions. Remember we have been on all of the trips so we can tailor make the best itinerary for you and your budget.
This is one of the most popular backpacking routes for good reason. Particularly good if you are travelling alone and worried about meeting people. Its group adventures all the way, fully supported yet loads of freedom and flexibility to have an amazing trip.
Round The World Thailand & Australia: Trip Highlights
The Best Parts Of Thailand & Australia
This is a classic trip to some of the most popular backpacking locations. Stopping off in Thailand enroute is the perfect way to start, with rich culture and history, stay at an elephant camp, bustling Bangkok, incredible beaches and a great backpacker party scene you will do it all the four week Xtreme Thailand Experience. With one month enjoying a very full on mixed itinerary with plenty of action and mind-blowing travel moments you will recharge and really get into the travel mood.
Your next stop will be Australia, where we have an amazing first week planned for you, with job assistance if you want it. Which is perfect to help you work and travel Australia. Plus after that, we include a flexible hop on hop off East coast pass so you can spend as little or as long as you like travelling Australia from Sydney to Cairns doing some amazing activities en route.
This is a cut-down version of our round the world Australasia programme so if you want to add on places like New Zealand and Fiji you may want to check that one out too, or if you have other idea let us know! We can custom built trips too.
Round The World Thailand & Australia Photos
- Thailand: Xtreme Thailand Experience: 4 weeks (set start date)
- Australia: Sydney ConneXion: 7 nights (set start date)
- Australia: OzExperience Bus pass, bus pass. Min 10 days, advised 2.5 weeks, Max 6 months.
Experience Thailand with our top selling trip. Four adventure-filled weeks, that will take you from Bangkok to the heart of Thailand, to the tropical beaches of Koh Tao. Our included airport collection, Thai guides, guaranteed group numbers and jam-packed itinerary make this ideal for first time or solo travellers. Meet new people, make new friends, plus choose from 5 awesome activities for your 3rd week and have an unforgettable month-long journey.
Link to Xtreme Thailand Experience Programme
This is the ultimate beginning to an epic adventure in Australia. The Sydney ConneXion is all about having an amazing first week, meeting new friends and doing some incredible adventures fully guided in one of the coolest cities in the world. Whilst you’re out having fun we take care of all the hassle enabling you to get set up with a job with a 12 month membership access of the best backpacker job network in Australia. Everything is taken care for you so no worries about arriving in Australia this can turn into one of the most daunting yet exciting things you will ever do!
Link to the Sydney ConneXion Programme
Oz Experience bus pass. This Hop -on, hop-off (HoHo) from Oz Experience allows you to travel from Sydney to Cairns on a flexible hop on hop off backpacker bus. Guides accompany you all the way and it is one of the most popular backpacking options to get you up the East Coast. We will beat any price on this pass.
Because you stay in various different locations throughout the trip accommodation does vary, however, expect to stay in comfortable and clean and secure accommodation. On the islands, you will stay in a luxury resort, with a swimming pool set in beautiful Thai Gardens just a short walk from the beach and bars and restaurants.
You will be staying in downtown Sydney in the wakeup hostel, voted one of the best hostels in Australia, and consistently hitting the top of trip advisor. The wakeup hostel is an awesome place to be located as everything is on your doorstep including our team who have their offices based directly in front of where you’ll be staying.
That means you can pop in there at any stage, access their free Internet (kind of handy in Australia is everywhere tends to charge you) but also you’ll be staying in one of the swankiest hostels in Australia. There are loads of facilities available at the wakeup hostel, good chill out areas, comfy beds and safe and secure rooms. Is also slap bang in the middle of backpacker district, which means it’s really social, and everything is on your doorstep.
After the first 7 days there is no accommodation included.
You might get nervous, but you should not. By now you are an experienced traveller and our team in Australia can help you out and show you how it wors. Pretty easy actually as there is wifi everywhere and there are a lot of backpacker hostels! Tal to one of our team they are happy to advise you as well!
Thailand (first 4 weeks)
The First 2 weeks
- Personal meet & greet at the airport
- Transfers to your hotel in Bangkok
- Meet your other adventurers: Access to online buddy lists before you leave!
- Unforgettable Bangkok city tour
- Wat Arun, Wat Pho & Reclining Buddha
- 13 nights total accommodation in high standard guesthouses and homestays
- Breakfast during the first 2 weeks
- Some delicious meals included
- A 2 day elephant experience with food included
- River rafting experience
- 2 days of trekking in a stunning national park
- Night markets & Nights Out
- Cookery class
- 24 hour emergency support
- Maximum group size 26
- Transfers between mainland and islands
On the islands Koh Phangan and Koh Tao
- Adventure days which includes:
- Boat around the island
- Snorkelling in crystal clear waters around a tropical paradise island
- Spectacular trek up to an incredible viewpoint
- Visiting Waterfalls
- visiting spectacular beaches
- really good accommodation
- and much much more…
- Please check the itinerary and inclusions here: Xtreme Thailand Experience
- Airport transfer
- 7 nights accommodation in a dorm in Sydney
- Guided Sydney city tour
- Harbour cruise day trip
- 2-night beach escape
- Sand dune off roading
- National park bush walk
- Dolphin trip
- Sydney party bus pub crawl
- Sydney beaches tour
- Just landed info session
- Online RSA for QLD, NT,WA,SA
- Bar skills course
- Job search assistance for 12 months
- Cv review
- Australian bank account
- Mail forwarding for 12 months
- Sim Card activated number given on arrival
- Tax file number arranged
- Medicare organised
- Tax refund advice
- Travellers Discount Card
- Free in Sydney offices
- 24-hour emergency number
- Assistance from the locally based team
- Detailed pre departure pack before you leave
- Oz experience Bus pass
- One way travel between Sydney and Cairns (or vice versa)
- Surf Lesson (Byron Bay)
- 1N Magnetic Island stopover (Townsville)
- Atherton Tablelands (Cairns)
- Flights (although we can help arrange – budget up to £1800)
- Travel Insurance
- Spending money
- Meals other than those included on the itineraries
- Accommodation unless stated in the included section
Frequently Asked Questions
Simply ask us! We have travelled extensively to these destinations can give you first-hand advice as to what to do expect.
The cost of your airline travel is not included in the trip, we can put you in touch with our preferred round the world flight partners who can help with booking the necessary flights to complete the trip. Expect to pay in the region of about £1300 for a standard round the world flight….
With the exception of the start date for the Thailand Entourage, and the Sydney connection everything else is flexible so you can spend as long as you like on this trip. This is quite handy to combine with Australia working holiday Visa programs.
Special payment conditions
On round the world bookings we can stage payment to make it easier to save, you can of course pay all at once.
- Time of booking if travelling in more than 6 months -25% deposit of the balance
- At 16 Weeks until departure – 50% of the balance
- 12 weeks before departure – the remaining 25% balance.
This ensures you have enough time to save for your flights, spending money and insurance.
Round The World Thailand & Australia Trip Dates
29 September 2019
27 October 2019
2020 start dates
Saturday 25 January 2020
Saturday 22 February 2020
Saturday 07 March 2020
Sunday 22 March 2020
Saturday 05 April 2020
Saturday 19 April 2020
Sunday 17 May 2020
Sunday 21 June 2020
Sunday 05 July 2020
Saturday 18 July 2020
Sunday 02 August 2020
Sunday 16 August 2020
Sunday 13 September 2020
Sunday 11 October 2020
Thursday 12 November 2020
Friday 11 December 2020