Round The World Australasia!Book Now
The best parts of Thailand, Australia & New Zealand
This is a classic trip to some of the most popular backpacking locations. Stopping off in Thailand enroute is the perfect way to start, with rich culture incredible beaches and a great backpacker party scene you will do it all the Xtreme Thailand Experience.
Your next stop will be Australia, where we have an amazing first week planned for you, with job assistance if you want it.
Plus after that, we include a flexible hop on hop off East coast pass so you can spend as little or as long as you like travelling from Sydney to Cairns doing some amazing activities en route.
Finally, you finish up in New Zealand. Your first 2 nights and airport transfers are taken care off as we include the Auckland arrival pack. With a hop on hop off pass on the Kiwi experience (funky chicken), you’ll see both North and South Islands while spending five incredible the trembling days doing it all in the capital of adrenaline, Queenstown! 5 nights on the Queenstown Adrenaline Overload!
Remember you can alter these itineraries, add things or take them out. Just get in touch with us with your questions and we will put together the perfect trip for you.
The 4 week Thailand Experience
The Sydney ConneXion & Bruce Pass
Kiwi Experience & Queenstown Adrenaline Overload
- Discovering Thai culture, temples & cuisine on mind-blowing cultural experiences.
- Trekking through national parks & discovering cool waterfalls.
- Volunteering with Elephants and Mahouts
- Exploring exciting Bangkok and stay in a fun backpackers hostel near the backpacking Mecca Khao San Road
- Adrenaline Action on Koh Tao like diving and freediving, kickboxing or cross fit. If you prefer to chill out a little, you can with a yoga course.
- Koh Tao adventure day with longtail boat, snorkelling, paradise islands and view points.
- Try Out Scuba with a Xtreme trial Scuba Experience
- SUP! Stand Up Paddle try out and lots… lots more
- 8 Day arrival pack in Amazing Sydney
- group start dates
- fully guided
- Transfer from airport
- 7 Nights in superb hostel
- Assistance getting set up to work in Australia (bank, tax numbers etc)
- Flexible hop on hop off bus pass
- Plan as you go
- Discover exciting New Zealand
- 2 nights on arrival included plus 1 week in Queens Town included
- Lots of adrenaline activities in Queens Town
- Bungee, skydive… you name it
- See both islands
- Amazing backpacker buses
- Flexible hop on Hop Off
- Thailand: The Xtreme Thailand experience: 4 weeks (set start date)
- Australia: Sydney ConneXion: 7 nights (set start date)
- Australia: OzExperience Bruce Pass, bus pass. Min 10 days, advised 2.5 weeks
- New Zealand: Auckland Arrival Pack 2 nights
- New Zealand: Queens Town Adrenaline Overload. 5 nights
- New Zealand: Kiwi Experience, Funky Chicken: Flexible. Min 20 days, advised 25
- Time of booking if travelling in more than 6 months -25% deposit of the balance
- At 16 Weeks until departure – 50% of the balance
- 12 weeks before departure – the remaining 25% balance.
THE FIRST 2 WEEKS
- Personal meet & greet at the airport
- Transfers to your hotel in Bangkok
- Meet your other adventurers: Access to online buddy lists before you leave!
- Unforgettable Bangkok city tour
- Wat Arun, Wat Pho & Reclining Buddha
- 13 nights total accommodation in high standard guesthouses and homestays
- Breakfast during the first 2 weeks
- Some delicious meals included
- A 2 day elephant experience with food included
- River rafting experience
- 2 days of trekking in a stunning national park
- Night markets & Nights Out
- Cookery class
- 24 hour emergency support
- Maximum group size 26
- Overnight Transfer to Koh Tao
ON KOH TAO
- Koh Tao adventure day which includes:
- Boat around the island
- Snorkelling in crystal clear waters round a tropical paradise island
- Spectacular trek up to an incredible view point
- Koh Tao Extra Activities Included
- Beach BBQ after beach Clean up day
- Beach Clean up day
- Stand Up Paddling
- Xtreme Discover Scuba Dive
- Koh Tao activity option Week inclusions (pick one option):
- Get fit pack: 5 Muay Thai Sessions (5 hours), all equipment (for rent included) and training one on one with a Muay Thai Trainer
- Get ripped pack: 4 Crossfit sessions. These 4 classes will teach you all the basic movements and techniques for CrossFit
- Xtreme Freediving Pack: a 2 day beginner free diving course
- Relax With Yoga: 5 yoga sessions spread out over 5 days
- The learn to dive course includes a full PADI open water course, course materials, instruction and 4 dives
- The Fullmoon party
- All Accommodation
- Breakfast on arrival on Koh Tao
- 12 nights accommodation in standard fan room in Koh Tao at our luxury resort
- Free Wi-Fi at the accommodation
- Pick up from the boat and transfer to the resort in Koh Tao by taxi
- Back up & support second to none. Services of our tour leaders and English-speaking reps who are available and based locally 24/7.
- Airport transfer
- 7 nights accommodation in a dorm in Sydney
- Guided Sydney city tour
- Harbour cruise day trip
- 2 night beach escape
- Sand dune off roading
- National park bush walk
- Dolphin trip
- Sydney party bus pub crawl
- Sydney beaches tour
- Just landed info session
- Online RSA for QLD, NT,WA,SA
- Bar skills course
- Job search assistance for 12 months
- Cv review
- Australian Bank account
- Mail forwarding for 12 months
- Sim Card activated number given on arrival
- Tax file number arranged
- Medicare organised
- Tax refund advice
- Travellers Discount Card
- Free in Sydney offices
- 24 hour emergency number
- Assistance form the locally based team
- Detailed pre departure pack before you leave
- Oz experience Bruce pass
- One way travel, hop on hop off, between Sydney and Cairns
- Surf lessons in Byron Bay
- 1N Magnetic Island stop over
- Atherton Tablelands (Cairns)
- Two nights in a dorm in Auckland with arrival transfer
- Five nights dorm accommodation in Queenstown
- The Shotover Jet
- The Shotover Canyon Swing.
- A 15,000 ft Skydive
- One backpacker bus pass that brings you from North to South or the other way around (the funky chicken)
- Flights (although we can help arrange – budget up to £1800)
- Travel Insurance
- Spending money
- Meals other than those included on the itineraries
- Accommodation unless stated in the included section.
South East Asia is a very interesting, fun, safe and beautiful part of the world. It has a well-trodden backpacking route for good reason. This group trip will show you the best sites in Vietnam, Thailand and Laos in a whopping 9 weeks!
This trip is epic. Combining arguably two of the greatest backpacking routes in the world. You can immerse yourself in culture and good times in Southeast Asia. Prior to witnessing one of the most beautiful countries and adrenaline packed locations on the planet
So you want to do an amazing round the world trip, but not sure where to start? This is a pretty good option for you! The best parts of Thailand, Australia and New Zealand. All the must do activities, incredible places and incredible people await. From Thailand island hopping, to the East coast Australia and a mental few days in Queenstown, this is the perfect backpacking adventure.
Thailand & Australia offer the perfect mixture when you want to go travelling. Stopping off in Thailand you will be blown away by the culture, beaches and stunning beauty of the country. Featuring a month long Trip you can really do it all, lazy days on tropical beaches. Partying in Bangkok, temples and action. Then it's on to Australia, where you will have an amazing first week followed by an exciting adventure up the East coast.
Start your trip with a stunning group trip through Thailand culture, actions and lots of well deserved beach time, get cultured up in Laos, join the tubing in Vang Vieng before getting serious and join or the Outback Cowboy course or the Learn to earn on sailing yachts course in Australia!
This is our top-selling trip! Loaded with activities there is never a dull moment. A great way to travel Thailand safely in a group, you have a jam packed itinerary showcasing the best this amazing country has to offer. You choose your activities. An intro week, an adventure week, an action week and a beach [...]
The perfect bolt on to any Hop on hop off pass. The mother of all adrenaline adventures. The Xtreme Gap New Zealand Adrenaline Tour. You will have the time of your life travelling through the country jumping off high things, out of flying things and doing dare devil adventures that will make you go weak at the knees. You can relax in the knowledge that because it is pre booked, you will get to do all the things you set out to do, before drinking your budget away at the bar.
Bruce Pass Oz Experience The Bruce Pass from Oz Experience allows you to travel from Sydney to Cairns on a flexible hop on hop off backpacker bus. Guides accompany you all the way and it is one of the most popular backpacking options to get you up the East Coast. We will beat any price on this pass.
The Kiwi Auckland Arrival Package includes all the basics for your first few days in New Zealand - accommodation at a top backpackers in Auckland, arrival airport transfer and a half day city tour to introduce you to this fantastic city! Not only will you love the hostel, located just steps from all of Auckland most famous sights, you'll get extra benefits such as a free rooftop sauna, and spa on our sun-deck.
This is the ultimate beginning to an epic adventure in Australia. The Sydney ConneXion is all about having an amazing first week, meeting new friends and doing some incredible adventures fully guided in one of the coolest cities in the world. Whilst you're out having fun we take care of all the hassle enabling you to get set up with a job with a 12 month membership access of the best backpacker job network in Australia. Everything is taken care for you so no worries about arriving in Australia this can turn into one of the most daunting yet exciting things you will ever do!
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
Simply ask us! We have travelled extensively to these destinations can give you first-hand advice as to what to do expect.
The cost of your airline travel is not included in the trip, we can put you in touch with our preferred round the world flight partners who can help with booking the necessary flights to complete the trip. Expect to pay in the region of about £1300 for a standard round the world flight….
With the exception of the start date for the Thailand Experience, and the Sydney connection everything else is flexible so you can spend as long as you like on this trip. This is quite handy to combine with Australia working holiday Visa programmes.
Special payment conditions
On round the world bookings we can stage payment to make it easier to save, you can of course pay all at once.
This ensures you have enough time to save for your flights, spending money and insurance.
Most of your transfers on this trip are in private vehicles (ie just for you and the group). Exactly what sort of vehicle depends on the group size.
Why is this important?
Whilst there is lots of public transport available in Thailand, much of it is very uncomfortable, there are very few regulations about safety (it’s not uncommon for drivers to be on the go for 18-24 hours plus) and also it’s almost impossible to guarantee to get a group of travellers together (with their bags) all in the same vehicle. On some routes, you’re able to buy tickets in advance but on many other routes it’s a matter of hoping there is room on the bus or simply waiting for another.
Not the best way to spend your precious time.
By using private transfers we can:
• Guarantee the safety standards of the companies we use
• Ensure that drivers are assessed, do not drive too far in one go, are not drunk etc
• Ensure that all the group are in the same vehicle and that we’re not waiting for ages for another bus to come
• Plan our trips to fit in what’s best for the traveller – rather than what’s best for a transport company!
What transport do we use?
For groups of 10 or less we use ‘luxury’ minivans. With comfortable seats, air-conditioning, good experienced drivers – and a decent sound system if you want to listen to some tunes – these are perfect. Of course they leave when we ask them to, we can stop en route where we want to and the whole travel experience is far better, far more comfortable and far safer than any ‘public’ minivan.
Additionally, as there’s no random stopping to drop people off / pick people up they are far quicker – even though we can ensure that speed limits are obeyed!
For long distances with larger groups, we use private coaches. These have the same benefits as the private minivans along with, of course, more space. Depending on the size of the group we use either 30 or 40 seater coaches (we always make sure there’s enough room for baggage!) giving you great room to spread out a bit and relax.
The journey from Kanchanaburi to Surin, in particular, is a horrible one by public transport. As a group we would need to travel to either Ayutthaya or Bangkok, then change to another bus or minivan (with all the waiting around that entails) and then head to Surin – not only adding a whole load of wasted time but also a whole load of elements that are then unplanned (what time with the minivan leave, will we all be able to get into the same minivan etc).
The journey from Surin to Pak Chong may, on occasion with smaller groups, use the train. Whilst the train is slower than a private minivan or coach, it can be fun and gives a very different travel experience to the group, provides different scenery and of course allows to you wander around.
Thai’s are also some of, if not the world’s best problem solvers. Growing up in a country where the unexpected can and does tend to happen makes Thai people absolute experts at anything anyone can throw their way. And they still manage to sort out any issues with a smile on their face, not an easy thing!
After all, why come all the way to Thailand to be led around the country from someone from home? Thai’s do and will always know their own country best and understand everything about what’s going on as opposed to those from elsewhere who often think they understand but don’t really!
Our guides know the locations you’re travelling to like the back of their hand. They know the coolest places (not necessarily the place that the guidebooks think are the coolest!), they know the places to avoid (not always easy to spot when you’re not from here) and they know how to have the most fun.
They’ve not just travelled here for a few months – they’ve lived here all their lives and you just can’t replace that sort of insider knowledge. They all work full-time with us and are constantly updating their knowledge from our network of guides (bars and clubs are always changing and why waste your time heading to a bar that is oh so last season?) and making sure they keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on.
Full-time guides are quite a rarity in Thailand – lots of companies prefer to use freelance guides to make sure they aren’t paying salaries in between tours – but we believe passionately in full-time employment for our team. This means that they can plan their lives and support families, they know that we will always look after them and, equally importantly, we can run on-going training and support programmes for our team. Simply put – full-time guides are way better at delivering tours than those who jump between different companies and different styles of travel.
We run on-going training for all of our guides to ensure their skills are top quality and they manage to combine huge amounts of laughs and fun with keeping everyone fit, healthy and safe.
Price in GBP
Please note this price is indicative of the standard (most popular) option, but due to the nature of this itinerary being flexible we can make the trip cheaper or more expensive depending on what you want to include.
Please note flights and not included in the price you should budget around £800 to £1500 for flights. Our flight partners can help you arrange your tickets.
New Zealand Queenstown Adrenaline Overload (adrenaline option) & Bus Pass:
Included: The inclusions on the programme pages detail the exact inclusions this is an overview.
10 September 2017
12 November 2017
10 December 2017
14 January 2018
04 February 2018
11 March 2018
08 April 2018
06 May 2018
03 June 2018
08 July 2018
05 August 2018
02 September 2018
30 September 2018
28 October 2018
02 December 2018