You can expect to earn around £8 per hour for most jobs although it can vary, the positions are temporary and usually last a few weeks, but you have access to the job service long enough to get multiple jobs for as long as you need. Jobs are always different, and you do not need lots of experience for much of the backpacker work, just be prepared to get stuck in and get out there for interview.
With a tough jobs market in Europe, and good prospects in Australia and New Zealand you can find work and boost your CV while having lots of fun. New Zealand is a stunning country with lots going on, so this is the ideal trip to help you save up more money on your travels and come home with a healthier bank account than when you left. Not that it all has to be hard work, you can easily combine this trip with something really fun live the Queens Town Adrenaline Overload.
Work in New Zealand: Trip Highlights
- The perfect package to find work in New Zealand
- This programme enables you to work abroad on a working holiday visa
- Many inclusions like orientation sessions and day trips
- Stay 7 nights in a beautiful historic building in central Auckland
- Stay 1 night at the Bay of islands
- Free use of the hostels Spa and Sauna, rooftop kitchen and sundeck
- Included breakfast too!
Work in New Zealand Photos
Work in New Zealand: Full Details
With an airport transfer included you will head to our centrally located hostel in the vibrant city of Auckland. New Zealand’s capital is a cool place and the ideal environment to start your New Zealand job search. You will be given an orientation session and loads of invaluable assistance to help secure that first working holiday job. Its is not all interviews and hard work however, we give you plenty of time to adjust with some cool day trips like a hop up to the stunning bay of islands, a city orientation tour and of course there will be loads going on with your fellow backpackers.
So one of the big questions is where to start? Finding work can be hard in your own country, but what about somewhere new? Surprisingly easy actually, because you will receive lots of handy tips advice on finding paid work in New Zealand and importantly your log in codes to the jobs portal.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Introduction and orientation session – Including some general information on New Zealand, working and travelling.
- Kiwi bank account – You ´ll be needing one of these to get paid all those shiny New Zealand Dollars.
- Tax File Number – Forms are dull. Tax forms are worse. We will take care of this for you, and more over you can then work officially!
- Mobile Phone Sim A New Zealand mobile or SIM card is a useful extra, use it to arrange your interviews.
- Airport Transfer – We will make sure you get to the hostel with an airport transfer
One of the biggest headaches when arriving somewhere new is finding a decent place to stay, with this programme you have 7 days of quality accommodation and breakfasts included in a top rated hostel in Auckland and we include a night is a hostel on your bay of Island trip. So a total of 8 nights!
During your stay in the top rated hostel in central Auckland you can expect: crisp clean linen, historic building with superb facilities.
- Rooftop Sundeck
- FREE Sauna & Spa
- Modern kitchen
- Global Gossip Internet & Wi-Fi
- Girls-only Rooms
- Sky TV Lounge
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Travel Shop
- 24-Hour Reception
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
4 Days - 3 night dormBook Now
7 Days - 7 night dormBook Now
- Pre departure information
- 3 or 7 Nights Accommodation
- 3 or 7 Breakfasts
- Airport Transfer
- Welcome drink
- Orientation (We’ll walk you through bank accounts & Tax IRD number setup & explain NZ culture & give you travel tips)
- Employment Assistance (online access to current jobs listings)
- Discount Card + Mad Discount vouchers (valued at over AU$1000)
- Guide on Travelling NZ (provided on a USB with space for photos & resume)
- 24 hr Emergency Assistance
- Sim Card (given on arrival)
- 1 month luggage storage
- 1 hour internet access
- Full day tour to Bay of Islands
- Lunch and dinner
- working holiday visa
Frequently Asked Questions
No there is no set start date. You can check with us for availability.
Only breakfast is included, but we have a nice kitchen on the rooftop which is free for you to use, and plenty of supermarkets in the area.