Group sizes do vary but expect up to 12 people per group. We keep it nice and intimate because this ensures the road trip section is truly unforgettable. You will make good friends with other Xtreme Gappers and have some incredible experiences along the way.
The Xtreme South Africa experience, taking the best parts of a South African experience and boiling it down into five weeks of non-stop group travel, action and adventure. Different weeks, focusing on four different incredible activities. Adrenaline Adventures in Cape Town, hands-on conservation and community projects covering the first two weeks. Then an unforgettable adrenaline tour up the coast featuring safaris, bungees and epic scenery before finally finishing on a two-week conservation project. Fly into Cape Town and out of Port Elizabeth.
Xtreme South Africa Experience Photos
Xtreme South Africa Experience: Trip Highlights
What you experience now will change your life in the future. This trip with its massive highs, adrenaline shocks, and humbling insights into real issues will grow you as an individual. This trip combines it all; it will be the best five weeks of your life join our groups and kick off an amazing South African adventure.
- Make friends from all over the world, as you discover, learn party and chill in some incredible locations all throughout southern Africa.
- Experiencing the site sounds and colonial vibe of Africa’s most beautiful city: Cape Town
- Revelling in the epic landscape of where to oceans meet at the Horn of Africa: the Cape of Good Hope
- Pitting yourself against the world’s highest abseil of Table Mountain
- Insane views of Cape Town on the Table Mountain cable car
- Chilling on white sandy beaches with incredible views of Table Mountain with optional kite surf lessons
- Picking between two adventurous and worthwhile projects. Helping to report scientific research aiding in the conservation of the great white shark, or immersing yourself in a community project to give something back to the poorest and most vulnerable in South Africa
- Experiencing one of the most scenic coastal drives in the world en route to the shark conservation project
- An incredible garden route adrenaline tour, covering 1000 km of action and adventure!
- Testing your bravery. Facing the world’s highest bridge bungee: Bloukrans at 216 m (optional).
- Mount up and ride an ostrich Cango Ostrich Farm!
- Discover the true beauty of the garden route as you drive through the Hops Valley experiencing its mind blowing scenery
- Discover the gateway to the Otter Trail in South Africa’s third most popular National Park Tsitsikamma. A feast for your eyes as steep wilderness gives way to a beautiful stretch of coastline.
- Go on safari in Addo National Park and search for the big five.
- Chill on the golden sands and get proper beach time in Jeffreys Bay. Ultra cool beach-side surf hostel, with epic nightlife and chilled out vibes.
- Get hands-on on a wildlife conservation project for an entire week. Loads of interaction with nature, in a beautiful environment.
- Arrival into Cape Town transfer to backpackers
- Five-day Cape Town Adrenaline Week
- Cape Tour
- World’s Highest Abseil
- Free Weekend With Beach Time
- Choose either Xtreme marine conservation hero great white shark project option or
- Xtreme Kite Surf Qualification or
- Or the Xtreme community superhero option in a township
- Cape Town / Gaans Bai to Cape Aguilas
- Cape Aguilas to Oudtshoorn
- Face Adrenaline
- Monkey / Elephant Park Night in Sedgefield
- Jeffreys Bay via Tsitsikamma
- Addo Game Drive – Jeffreys Bay
- Hang out in Jeffreys Bay With Surf Lesson
- Weekend in Port Elizabeth with city tour, Jazz club and Donkin Trail
- Wildlife conservation Game Park
- Transfer to Port Elizabeth
- Trip ends
On this trip you stay multiple locations. Accommodation is mainly in dorms or twin to triple share single sex rooms.
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
5 Week - Kitesurf 5 Week Option
5 Week - Xtreme Community