No, most of our travellers are solo travellers. You will meet lots of people on the different weeks. With group start dates and lots of group activities, you will make new friends really easy.
This trip is epic. Combining arguably two of the greatest backpacking routes in the world. You can immerse yourself in culture and good times in Southeast Asia. Prior to witnessing one of the most beautiful countries and adrenaline packed locations on the planet New Zealand!
Round The World S.E. Asia & New Zealand Photos
Round The World S.E. Asia & New Zealand: Trip Highlights
This exciting trip starts off in Bangkok, with the Xtreme Thailand Experience. A four week fully guided group trip to the best places in Thailand. Then we include a flexible hop on hop off pass trough the North of Thailand, the whole of stunning Laos, into Cambodia seeing sights like Angkor Wat and last but not least the whole of Vietnam from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi (South to North and everything in between) before heading to New Zealand to enjoy the stunning nature, Kiwi hospitality and adrenaline activities in Queens Town! Men… this trip is Epic!
Some of the highlights include:
- Meeting up online before you go travelling
- Meeting new friends and sharing adventures
- Immersing yourself in Thailand culture and parties on the Xtreme Thailand Experience
- Tropical Islands and amazing beaches
- Fullmoon Party
- Staying at an elephant camp
- Koh Tao Adventure options with diving, freediving, Muay Thai or yoga sessions
- Amazing Adventure with boat ride and snorkelling plus viewpoint!
- Try Out Scuba with an Xtreme Trial Scuba Experience
- Bangkok, Hanoi, Vientiane and many more exciting cities
- Street food and Asian flavours at every turn (tip avoid the squid jerky)
- Tuk Tuks, Rickshaws and crazy traffic!
- River tubing in Laos and stunning scenery
- Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Enjoy the many water sports or kick back and relax in Sihanoukville
- Learn about Cambodia’s history at the S21 Prison and Killing Fields
- Learn about the history of the American and Vietnam War at sights and musea
- Come face to face with monkeys, gibbons and other endangered species at the Primate Centre in Vietnam
- Explore life in the old town of Hoi An, a picture perfect Vietnamese riverside town; listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Flexible travel in New Zealand
- Learn all bout Maori culture
- Visit Lord of the Rings’ volcanoes
- Majestic Franz Josef glacier with a free day to hike and explore it
- Stunning sites and adrenaline activities in Queens Town
Experience Thailand with our top selling trip. Four adventure-filled weeks, that will take you from Bangkok to the heart of Thailand, to the tropical beaches of Koh Tao. Our included airport collection, Thai guides, guaranteed group numbers and jam-packed itinerary make this ideal for first time or solo travellers. Meet new people, make new friends, plus choose from 5 awesome activities for your 3rd week and have an unforgettable month-long journey.
The Xtreme New Zealand Xplorer (Our Awsome New Zealand Travel pass) enompasses all of the xtreme highlights of NZ, bungee jumping, rafting, glacier trekking, volcano walking, as well as taking you way off the beaten track to isolated hill stations, glacial lakes, massive surf breaks, golden beaches and big blue skies.
A flexible hop on hop off adventure taking in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, starting in the capital of Thailand Bangkok and ending in the capital of Vietnam Hanoi. With the recommended a trip time of 56 days (min 38), this is the perfect guided group backpacking adventure taking in four incredible Southeast Asia countries. All transport, loads of activities included.
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
6 Month -