The legendary marine and land Iguanas, the giant tortoises and sea lions of the Galapagos are among
nature’s most fantastic beings. Your 5 days will be split between Isabella and Santa Cruz, the two largest islands of the Galapagos:
Santa Cruz Island
Your arrival and departure island on The Galapagos, Santa Cruz is filled with pristine beaches and home to the Charles Darwin Research station. We will not only gain some insight into the Archipelago, but get to experience
first-hand why the Galapagos is also known as a beautiful destination for some rest and relaxation. We have included the following tours and visits for the group:
• Charles Darwin Research Station: Headed by a team of more than two hundred scientists, educators, research volunteers and support staff, this worldwide foundation is dedicated to preserving the Galapagos ecosystems. It is a perfect place to learn all you can how truly impressive the Galapagos is.
• Tortuga Bay: One of the most beautiful beaches in the world and an absolute ‘must see’. Also home to the infamous marine Iguana – incredible creatures capable of diving up to 9 meters in depth.
• Rancho Primicia: a giant tortoise reserve on private property in the
Galapagos. The tortoises migrate here in search of places to lay their eggs.
• Lava Tunnels at El Mirador: A volcanic tunnel system where you can go into the earth at one place and come out 30 minutes later in another location.
You will also spend two nights on Isabela island, the largest of the Galapagos islands boasting more animals – especially Tortoises – than all other islands. You will have the opportunity to take part in a number of tours and visits to the following must see places:
• Flamingo Lagoon: the largest coastal lagoon on the archipelago and of course packed with the colourful bird
• The rim of the Sierra Negra Volcano: the largest basaltic caldera in the Galapagos and hosts one of the most scenic views on all of the islands
• Concha de Perla: a crystal clear bay, perfect for swimming and snorkelling.
Your journey ends in Quito where there is a chance to explore the city and visit the Mitad del Mundo, zero degrees of latitude and longitude – the centre of the world!