One of the worlds top adventure road trips with Xtreme! The worlds highest bridge bungee, elephant sanctuaries, a wildlife safari, ostrich riding, zip lining and surfing are just some of the adventures to be had on this 6 day all encompassing South Africa trip.
South Africa Adrenaline Tour Photos
South Africa Adrenaline Tour: Trip Highlights
The most exciting way to experience South Africa!
We believe when you push your comfort zone you will get the most out of your trip. This is one of our most exciting, gnarly and knee trembling trips. You will certainly not forget in a hurry, but will you be brave enough to take on the massive Bloukrans bungee bridge? Your bucket list just got a whole lot shorter.
The 6 day South Africa Adrenaline Tour Highlights Include:
- Try out some Surfing, kite surfing or watch the pros at super tubes in Jeffreys Bay.
- Safari time with a Big 5 game drive. Wild animal encounters with Lions, big cats and the big five.
- Explore the millennia old Cango Caves.
- Ride an ostrich at an Ostrich farm and get a piggyback offer full-grown African elephant.
- Dare to throw yourself of Bloukrans Bridge a 216 m bungee monster!
- Fly through the forest on an exciting Zip-line tour.
- Go shark cage diving in one of the top shark diving locations in the world.
- Visit one of the world’s most famous Elephant sanctuary’s.
One of the most scenic coastal drives in the world optional shark cage dive, ending at the bottom of continental Africa.
It’s an early start from Cape Town at 8.30. It’s going to be a hell of the road trip. Today we head East, as we leave behind table Mountain and the glorious Cape Town, we had along the N2 to the coast. We will be joining the famous Whale route which is one of the most scenic coastal drives in the world. Mountains descend into the Indian Ocean, which is loaded with whales and sharks.
You have the opportunity to go shark cage diving today. This will mean you leave even earlier than the main group to get out on the boat to see the sharks. You will then meet up with the main group directly after your shot cage dive.
Make sure your camera is fully charged because you’re going to be snapping away like a lunatic, we can have a stop in a craft beer brewery to quench your thirst before heading to Cape Agulhas National Park.
Despite most people believe the Cape of Good Hope holds this title, it is actually Cape Agulhas that is the most southern geographical point of Africa.
After a visit to the lookout point we make our way to the harbour where there is an option to embark on an exciting ski-boat cruise to search for dolphin and whales (June to November).
After our cruise we take a walk back to our accommodation along “Die Plaat”, the longest beach in the Southern Hemisphere. This day is designed to be a relaxing one for you to get to know your fellow travellers, to get used to travelling in our vehicle and to settle into the comfortable routine of life on tour.
- Meals: Dinner
- Accommodation: Backpacker dorm -Cape Agulhas Backpackers
- Facilities Shared ablutions, bar, internet, swimming pool
- Route: Cape Town to Struisbaai ±260 km
- Travel time: ±4 hrs
- Included Highlight: Land Based Whale Watching in Hermanus / Shopping
Beer/wine tasting at Birkenhead Brewery
- Optional Activities: Shark cage diving
Goodbye whale route hello garden route. Day two brings beach time, kayaking and waterfalls.
Not such an early start this morning, enjoy your breakfast After a relaxing breakfast we start driving inland again, this time towards the famed Garden Route!
After a scenic drive we begin a beautiful canoe trip down one of the many tranquil rivers in the area, followed by a short hike to a stunning waterfall.
We finish off the day with some beach time down at Myoli Beach.
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Accommodation: Cape to Addo Backpacker dorm: Sedgefield
- Facilities: Shared ablutions, internet, pool, entertainment areas
- Route: Struisbaai to Sedgefield ± 340 km
- Travel time: ±4 hrs
- Included Highlight: Canoe trip & hike to waterfall
Driving through the desert Little Karoo. Exploring underground caves. Riding ostriches and swimming with crocodiles!
We begin the day with a drive over the picturesque Outeniqua mountain range into the semi desert region of the Klein Karoo and Oudtshoorn. Today you’re going to see more ostriches than you will probably ever see for the rest of your life. Originally not native to Oudtshoorn, settlers discovered that the ostrich thrives here. So you’re going learn a lot about them. If you’re up for it you can ride one one as well (don’t worry it doesn’t hurt the ostrich and it is really very silly).
Prior to that we are going to explore the amazing Cango Caves. Think massive caverns and a wonderland of stalactite and stalagmite formations, millions of years old. Cango Caves is a world heritage site and one of the great wonders of the natural world.
If you enjoy spelunking (yes that’s a real word we didn’t make that up) and don’t mind trying to squeeze through some smaller gaps then you are also welcome to take the 1.5 hour adventure tour!
Finally you can go see endangered wildlife act can go wildlife Ranch. This is the only place in the world we can go crocodile cage diving! They also have a big cat Sanctuary, where you can interact with cheetah as well.
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Accommodation: Cape to Addo Backpacker dorm in Sedgefield
- Facilities: Shared ablutions, internet, pool, free shuttle service to PiliPili Beach bar
- Route: Sedgefield to Oudtshoorn day trip ±190 km
- Travel time: ±3 hrs
- Included Highlight: Standard or adventure guided tour of Cango Caves
- Tour of a working Ostrich farm + riding (weight restriction apply to riders)
- Cango Endangered Wildlife ranch
Learn all about monkeys and Elephants. Throw yourselves down canyons and take on the mighty bloukrans Bungee. Hike through a national Park. Finish in one of the worlds top surf spots. Not a bad afternoon.
This morning we drive through Knysna on our way to the Crags where you have a number of options to choose from. This is an action packed itinerary today so you will not get to pick every single option, so pick the one that you would most like to do.
- Elephant Sanctuary where you learn about, and interact with orphaned elephants.
- Monkey Sanctuary where rescued monkeys roam free in a large jungle area.
- Kloofing trip through a spectacular gorge with jumps, abseils and swimming.
Our next stop is the World’s highest commercial bridge Bungee Jump at 216 meters. It is really bloody scary. If you cannot face the jump, you can face a pint, from the clifftop bar where you can watch the jumpers on a live video feed.
For those that have successfully completed the jump they are going to need a serious wind down. There is no better place to do this than the Tsitsikamma National Park. It’s like something out of the lost world, with an ancient rainforest descending down beautiful cliffs into the sea. We will go for a hike over the suspension bridges to check out the scenery and stop for lunch in an amazing beachside lodge. Make sure you try the stake it is to die for.
If we have time we will head to Storms river swing bridges before we reach the world-famous surfing Mecca Jeffreys Bay. We will be staying right by the beach in an awesome Surf Lodge. The Surf Lodge will be your home for the next couple of days, although we will be doing road trips up to the addo national elephant Park.
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Accommodation Backpacker dorm; Island Vibe Backpackers, Jbay
- Facilities: Shared ablutions, bar, restaurant, internet
- Route: Sedgefield to Storms River/Jbay
- Travel time: ±2-3 hrs
- Included Highlight: Tsitsikamma Forest
- Optional Activities: Elephant Sanctuary, Monkeyland, Bloukrans bungee jump (216m), Bloukrans Bridge walking tour
Wake up early and head to Addo Elephant National park where we go on a morning game drive to view the multitudes of wild animals. Addo is home to the Big 5 and it also has the highest concentration of African Elephants in the world!
Addo Game Drive
The Addo elephant Park is immense. It’s also one of the top elephant game reserves in South Africa. Miles and miles of endless African bush, will have surprises around every corner. We will go for a 3 to 5 hour game drive in the elephant Park so have your camera charged in your memory card is empty!
Please note you can add on an extra week by leaving the tour on this day and joining the wildlife conservation experience
After breakfast overlooking the ocean in Sedgefield, we start our journey back to Cape Town. Our first stop is a once in a lifetime experience, walking with lions! This informative walk allows you to get some amazing photos while getting up close and personal with these amazing creatures We then visit an Aloe factory in Albertinia and enjoy a wonderful scenic drive via Swellendam and Sir Lowry’s Pass. We arrive in Cape Town late Thursday afternoon.
- Route: Sedgefield – Cape Town +-450 km’s
- Travel time:±5 hrs
- Optional Activities: Lion Walk
On this trip you say multiple locations. Accommodation is mainly in dorms or twin to triple share single sex rooms.
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
6 Days - Shared Dorm