Accommodation is not included in the New Zealand Xplorer. Why? Well let’s just think about this. New Zealand is an incredible place with so much to see and do and has lots of places that you will want to stay for longer. As this is not a set tour with specific day-to-day itinerary, you can stay longer in certain places should you wish. So we do not include accommodation to allow the trip to be flexible. That doesn’t mean you will be stranded, we can pre-book accommodation for you as you go (the guide will sort that out for you on the bus).
The Xtreme New Zealand Xplorer (Our Awsome New Zealand Travel pass) enompasses all of the xtreme highlights of NZ, bungee jumping, rafting, glacier trekking, volcano walking, as well as taking you way off the beaten track to isolated hill stations, glacial lakes, massive surf breaks, golden beaches and big blue skies.
New Zealand Xplorer Photos
New Zealand Xplorer: Trip Highlights
New Zealand wow. Two amazing islands That will simply take your breath away. This awesome flexible adventure will take you to some of the following places:
- Hang out with surf dudes staying in a Lodge at Raglan – overlooking New Zealand’s Best surf beach.
- Go with the globe. Hang out with glowworms and go caving in Waitomo Caves.
- Overnight stay on a Marae (Maori meeting house) in Mourea includes your accommodation, hangi (dinner), breakfast and unique cultural experience (Optional $80).
- Go Xtreme in Rotorua. Geysers, the worlds highest white water rafting drop and bungee!
- Discover history and culture at Lake Aniwhenua.
- Tongariro National Park Do the crossing and it will change your life. (If you don’t fall in Mount doom).
- Indulge in Animal conservation in Whakahoro for wild, wilderness activities!
- Have you ever seen a massive squid? Well you can in Wellington – NZ’s capital city, home to our national museum Te Papa.
- Unique overnight and a free day in Abel Tasman National Park. Go sailing or walking or rent a kayak if you’re feeling adventurous.
- The West Coast is the best coast. Get experienced in Punakaikiand.
- Majestic Franz Josef glacier with a free day to hike and explore it. Grab an acts and strap on your crampons it’s time to explore.
- Spend a few days in Queenstown – the adventure and party capital of NZ! Feeling extra bold add-on the Queenstown adrenaline overload!
- The stunning fiord of Milford Sound and historic Gunn’s Camp. New Zealand at its beautiful best.
- Stewart Island’s natural untouched beauty and wildlife or the Catlins wilderness area for seals and remote scenery.
- The Head for the hills and stay at base camp. NZ’s highest mountain Aoraki/Mt Cook.
- High country sheep station in Lord of the Rings scenery at Rangitata. Home to some of museums best whitewater rafting.
- Visit Kaikoura, for the awe-inspiring whale watching and wildlife spotting.
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
12 Month - recommended 32 days