Check out the Cape Town Adrenaline Overload programme alternatively you can bolt on some activities like sky diving, shark cage diving and abseiling.
What a cool city. If you want to get under the skin of Cape Town a little then this 5 day Cape Town Arrival Pack is for you. Staying at our 4* backpackers hostel, you can explore the city, do some cool Xtreme activities, check out Table Mountain, Cape Point, see the penguins and experience the sublime Cape Town nightlife.
The ultimate 5 Day Cape Town Arrival Pack taking the best cape town has to offer. Staying really cool backpackers by the beach with unrivalled views of table mountain we have plenty of activities in store for you over five days. Please note this is not a group tour although you will meet loads of people at the super social hostel.
Cape Town ConneXion: Trip Highlights
- Table View Beach for an unrivalled view of table mountain.
- Traditional Potje
- Footsteps to freedom walking tour and taking in Authentic African crafts markets
- Checking out the water front, Clifton and Camps bay
- Partying in long street and enjoying Cape Towns infamous nightlife.
- Sip on the finest South African wines on a Wine tour!
- Optional Adrenaline Activities from Skydiving, Shark Cage Diving and Kite Surfing.
Cape Town ConneXion Photos
You are given a warm welcome at the airport and taken to our 4* Backpackers in Table View. The hostel is within walking distance from all bars, restaurants, the beach, shops and transport terminals. Table View is famous for kitesurfing, water sports and its amazing views of Table Mountain from Kite Beach. In the evening you will meet the staff and other guests. A traditional South African stew potjie (stew) is cooked on the fire.
After breakfast your friendly local guide will give you a brief lesson on using Cape Town’s public transport and will accompany you by bus to the Cape Town city centre. You can choose 1 of the following options:
- Footsteps to freedom walking tour – A three hour walking tour that visits historical sites and African craft markets.
- Hop-on hop-off open top bus tour – The tour takes you around the city centre, the V&A Waterfront and past Clifton and Camps Bay beaches. Later, take the cable car up Table Mountain (own expense). End a busy day with traditional cuisine and drumming at Mama Africa Restaurant (own expense). Then party on Long Street, the centre of Cape Town’s nightlife.
Today you will explore the splendour of the Cape Peninsula on a Cape Point Tour. The tour follows the Atlantic Seaboard, past Clifton & Camps Bay to the fishing hamlet of Hout Bay. A cruise to Duiker Island to see the colony of Cape Fur Seals is optional. Continue along the scenic Chapman’s Peak Drive to Boulders Beach to meet a colony of rare Jackass Penguins (own expense).
At the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve you can cycle through the reserve. You stop for a picnic lunch before climbing to the lighthouse. After taking in the amazing views you slowly head back to Table View past the white beaches of Kommetjie and Scarborough.
The Wine Route tour is mellow and involves no exercise – other than lifting your wine glass. You will visit three regions of the Cape Winelands: Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl, with a tasting in each region, a cellar tour at one of the farms and a picnic lunch. The wine farms offer a variety of white and red cultivars, as well as their own blends & styles. We allow enough time for each tasting to fully appreciate and enjoy the wine masters art.
Add a bit of adventure into your life. You can spend the day relaxing on the beach or you have the choice of one of the following activities (own expense):
- Big 5 Safari
- Shark cage diving
- Sandboarding and surfing combo
After your adventurous day you will arrive back at the backpackers for a traditional Braai (BBQ) and a chance to share your stories from the past few days. Then venture off to explore Table View nightlife.
Our Dorm sleeps 10 people. All bunks have new Ortho care mattresses and clean linen. The dorm is mixed and has 2 on-suite bathrooms.
Whether you want a lazy day lying in hammocks by the Jacuzzi or have drinks around the bonfire area it’s all here. For an additional cost one of our friendly staff can book you on further adventure tours, as quiet or adventurous as you like. Pick up and drop off is from your hostel.
Free Wifi included in your stay.
Awesome place (9 women 1 man Jacuzzi) to just relax those muscles after an adventurous day of surfing or sightseeing. Heated at night, the Jacuzzi reaches temperatures of up to 40c (on request).
Complimentary tea and coffee all day every day. Fully equipped kitchen for those who want to cook their food.
Washing machine and tumble dryer available to use or for a nominal fee we will do it for you. (Yay)
LOUNGE AND TV ROOM:
Satellite, Video machine, Flatron TV. What more do you need for those need-to-stay-in days?
Grab a book and relax under the palm trees next to the pond with Lunch (the duck).
Sit around the large bonfire area, share stories with fellow travellers and cook your food the traditional South African way: on the Braai.
features and benefits
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
5 Days - Dorm accommodationBook Now
- Airport transfer inbound
- 4 nights dorm accommodation
- Some meals
- Transfers to and from Cape Town
- Transfers to and from activities
- Wine Tour (Transfer to this activity is not included)
- Cape point tour
- Footsteps to Freedom and African Arts and Crafts Market Tour or Open Top Bus trip.
- Optional Adrenaline Activities
- Most Meals
- Other Excursions other than listed
- Return Airport transfer
- Cable car up Table Mountain on Open Top Bus trip.
- Mama Africa meal on African Arts and Crafts Market Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
You can do plenty! We have the South Africa Adrenaline Tour, this incorporates this Cape Town intro with a group tour of the Garden Route, you can also combine some of our Overland Truck tours easily with this trip, as Cape Town is the jumping on point for most of the trips.
If in doubt please ask us!