It starts with endorphins, your body’s natural feel good hormone, produced when you feel a little bit scared. The Adrenaline Tour is all about helping these little beauties come out to play. With seriously cool once in a lifetime activities that only New Zealand can provide, you will be screaming and laughing your way round the country. Scared? You do not have to be, not yet anyway. Wait until you are out there! Seriously though if you have questions or want to talk to us about what to expect, we can have a Skype conversation with you, and of course you are welcome to email us. Requesting trip notes is also a good idea, because we will email you lots of information about the trip.
If you are not interested in doing some absolutely mental (and spine shakingly awesome) activities during your trip to New Zealand, then stop reading right now.
Still here? Good, then let us begin. Do you ever get the feeling life is passing you by? Do you want to see some of the worlds best scenery and if that wasn’t enough, do you want to do some of the worlds most thrilling activities at the same time? Then the New Zealand Adrenaline Tour is for you.
WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU?
During the New Zealand Adrenaline tour, the mother of all adrenaline adventures, you get to explore New Zealand your way. This is an amazingly beautiful country that you do not want to miss out on. You will travel on a flexible schedule North and South Island and take as much time as you please. We advise a min of 35 days.
If you are short on time, or planning on working in New Zealand or spending much longer there, this trip is completely flexible so it fits around your itinerary. You have 12 months to complete your trip!
- You get to see both North Island and South Island
- You get to travel with lots of other back packers
- You get to throw yourself out of a perfectly good aeroplane, attached to a handsome stranger
- You might wet your pants on the Shotover Canyon Swing
- You might just find a new addiction on thousand horsepower turbo jet boat
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The New Zealand adrenaline tour is a combination of a hop on hop off pass taking in both islands and some epic adrenaline activities and accommodation in Queenstown.
This then works well if you want to add some work in New Zealand onto this trip (we have a programme for that too) but most spend 5 to 6 weeks on the tour and then head home, head to Australia, or fly to Thailand for some beach time.
As you will need to spend at least six days in Queenstown, we recommend a minimum trip time of 35 days, allowing you four weeks to visit both islands. Having said that why rush it, you have a max of 12 months to complete the trip. We have a comprehensive question-and-answer video on the FAQ section so have a look at that as it will answer many of your questions.
Activities included in Queens Town
- 6 Nights in the sublime Queenstown
- An awesome Nzone Sky Dive from 15,000ft (Highest in the southern hemisphere!)
- Jet boating through canyons on the Shot Over Jet Boat
- Canyon Swing: The world famous 300 Metre Nevis Swing. Swing by yourself or tandem with a friend – forwards, backwards, upside down – you choose.
- Testing your metal on the insane Nevis Bungee – Australasia highest bungee 134 metres (or choose the softer Kawarau bridge 43 metres where bungy jumping began)
- River rafting. This Queenstown rafting trip on the Kawarau River takes you on a thrilling ride over Class II and III white-water rapids.
New Zealand Adrenaline Tour: Trip Highlights
- Be sure you will do it all with pre-booked and paid for adrenaline activities
- Meet loads of backpackers easily and make new mates on tour, travel with a group of like-minded travellers
- Sit back and relax as we take care of all your transport and the must do activities!
- Flexibility to start and finish anywhere on comfortable private buses and hop-on hop-off
- Our driver guides are invaluable sources of local knowledge and support
- Have your bed reserved for you at every overnight stop. Book and pay accommodation via our app while on tour
- All activities as listed in the itinerary in Queenstown
- Become an Instagram legend as you brave some of the top adrenaline attractions in Queenstown
- Have a trip you will never forget exploring New Zealand’s stunning landscapes
Even before the trip begins the adventure starts with loads of detailed ‘must have’ information on New Zealand to get you ready for your trip.
New Zealand Adrenaline Tour Photos
New Zealand Adrenaline Tour: Full Details
Take one week and make it the week of your life. Everything you could ever want to do that makes you feel alive packed into one completely mental itinerary. You owe it to yourself to do this. Think of the future think of all the hours of commuting, the decades of clock watching until Friday afternoon, for every inevitable dreary business meeting, spent staring out the window, dreaming you could do something amazing instead. Well, this is it. Your one chance at greatness, are you ready for it?
Everything is open dated, so you book as you go, whether you start, end or stop in Queenstown along the way to have a week of complete Adrenaline Overload, it is entirely up to you.
Below is what your Included Adrenaline week in Queens Town entails:
It takes a certain kind of person to jump from an aircraft into thin air – it takes courage. Harnessed to an experienced qualified Jumpmaster, you step out of that aircraft door and for some 60 seconds you plummet toward the ground at 200kph, Terminal Velocity. ACHIEVEMENT DOESN’T COME SWEETER!
World famous as the ultimate jet boat experience, Shotover Jet has thrilled over 3 million people since 1965, and now it’s your turn! Take a unique breathtaking ride through dramatic and narrow canyons, and hold on tight for Queenstown’s only exhilarating full 360 spins!
This is the cheapest way to make a mockery out of fear. As if one of the world’s largest swings isn’t enough, you can double up the thrill with our 134m, beast of a Bungy jump. This is where adrenaline junkies come to hang out.
The Nevis Swing
Introducing the Most Famous Swing in the World – and we don’t say that lightly. It’s big, it’s bad and it’s loud (if you consider every shriek of every person who’s had a go). Swing by yourself or tandem with a friend – forwards, backwards, upside down – you choose. You’ll complete the 300m arc, bellowing at the top of your lungs, wanting to do it all over again once you’re back on solid ground.
Rafting. Shoot the grade II and III rapids on the Kawarau River with a guide on this half-day tour from Queenstown. Even beginners will feel safe and comfortable with expert supervision and instruction, as well as all provided equipment included. Take a swim through a rapid, jump off a cliff, and learn about the natural environment on this trip that includes plenty of calm spots for splashing and floating
There is accommodation included in Queenstown but not enroute, this is organised and paid locally. It’s easy to reserve your accommodation at every overnight stop. You can book and pay via our app. All will be explained in our pre departure information. The bus stops are very close to these hostels, and they are all fun! You can stay 1 night or longer at the accommodation up to you.
When you hop on the bus in the morning, you confirm on your app what accommodation you need for the night! The driver guide is there to help you at all times too!
Please note the accommodation included will not cover your entire stay in New Zealand, we would recommend a minimum time of five weeks for this trip.
Six of your nights will be spent in Queenstown, You might want to stay longer, but booking extra nights is easy via the app, or just at the trave desks in the hostels you will stay in. You will also probably want to stay in certain locations more than one night if you are not rushed for time.
With so many beautiful places in New Zealand to discover you would be mad not to spend some time in Wanaka, Auckland or Rotorua.
Accommodation in Queenstown is based on dorms,the backpacker hostel is of a very high standard and the Xtreme Gap team frequently visits to ensure that the accommodation is up to standard. You will need to top up your accommodation in certain locations where hostels are not covered, although all the main locations are covered. Expect to pay about £15/20 per night for additional accommodation and obviously the costs of the extra accommodation depends how long you make the trip.
Because eating out in New Zealand can be quite expensive, all of the hostels are equipped with kitchens so you are able to reduce the cost of living while travelling, and all the hostels have comfortable chill out areas and access to Wi-Fi.
- 24 Hour Reception
- Communal kitchen
- Free Luggage Storage
- Free Wifi
- TV Room
- Travel Shop
- Night Security
- Lockers in All Dorms
- Hostel include free tea, coffee, toast and condiments between 8.30 and 9.30 every morning
- Bed Linen Provided
- Laundry Facilities
- Pre departure information and guide pack to New Zealand
- An awesome hop on hop off pass covering both North and South Islands
- Your pass is valid for 12 months from the first day of travel
- Fully supported all the way with driver guides
- 6 nights in Queenstown
- All listed adrenaline activities in Queenstown
- A lot of respect from the Xtreme Gap team for booking the craziest tour!
- Lots of pre departure help and advice with guidance on flights, insurance and visas and what to do
- The trip of a lifetime!
- Travel insurance
- Spending money
- Accommodation other than the included in Queenstown
- Backpacker bus pass local payments if necessary
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately not so don ´t be a chicken. But that is a sweet incentive to follow through and do the activities!
There are occasions when refunds are warranted, this is only when activities are cancelled due to exceptional weather conditions, mainly with skydiving. However this rarely happens because our skydive partners Nzone operate two drop zone locations, and you can jump at either of them – in Queenstown and Rotorua.
Yes and no, the start dates and travel dates are flexible, so you may not end up with the same people on the bus that you started with. Many do opt to travel together as they make friends and stick together, but most likely you will meet lots of different people.