Learn to Dive on the Great Barrier Reef, becoming a scuba diver in one of the worlds top diving locations. You dive pristine reefs, stay on a state of the art multi million pound Liveaboard vessel and you have your own Scuba instructor to help you get your PADI Open Water dive certification in this 6 day adventure you will never forget.
Learn to Dive on the Great Barrier ReefBook Now
There are some opportunities in life too good to pass up, learning to dive on the worlds largest reef is one of them. The diving conditions are simply superb. From Nemos to wobbiegongs (yes really it is a type of shark), cuttle fish and octopus changing colours before your eyes, getting down onto the reef is an experience that really makes you proud to be alive!
Learn to Dive on the Great Barrier Reef Highlights Include:
- Experiencing some of the best diving on the planet
- Class room instruction and in pool training in Cairns
- Includes a luxury liveaboard out on the reef
- Dive qualification in the end
- Meeting new people and learning to dive in a group
- 9 Dives in the worlds best underwater marine environment
- Plenty of time to chill, snorkel and experience the reef
- 2 nights on a multi million pound liveaboard vessel
- 4 nights in Cairn as a funky backpacker hostel
- Option for a night dive to see a whole new plethora of underwater life come out to play
- Great night-life in Cairns
This gives you an overview of what you can expect, if you have any questions please contact us and speak to our qualified professional divers.
Day 1 – Arrive in Cairns – Free Time
8:00am Transfer to the training centre.
8:30am – Registration at the training centre.
8:45am – Academic training in the classroom.
1:00pm – Dive medical and lunch break (lunch not included)
2:00pm Dive training in the pool.
5:30pm Transfer to the hostel.
you7:30am – Transfer to the training centre.
8:30am – Dive training in the pool.
12:30pm – Visit to the dive retail shop.
1:00pm – Lunch break (lunch not included).
2:00pm – Academic training in the classroom and your final exam.
5:45pm – Transfer to your hostel.
5:45am An early start to the day, with a transfer to the dive retail shop.
6:15am – Check in at the dive retail shop.
7:00am – Depart Cairns for three days and two nights’ of diving and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. A light breakfast is served onboard.
11:30am – Your first training dive in the ocean.
12:45pm – Lunch – a hearty soup with an array of fresh salads, cold meats and bread rolls.
2:30pm – Your second training dive.
6:00pm – Dinner – the menu changes on each trip however it is always wholesome, hot and plentiful! Then – time to relax!
7:00am – Third training dive before breakfast – this will be the deepest training dive of your certification.
8:00am Breakfast served with choice of cereals, toast, spreads, fresh fruit, and bacon and eggs.
10:30am “Your fourth and final training dive.
12:00pm – Lunch a pasta dish served with a variety of fresh salads.
3:00pm – You are now a certified diver! Time to take your first pleasure dive!
7:00pm The chance for a guided night dive see the reef in a whole new light, quite literally!
6:30am – Your first dive of the day.
7:30am – A hot breakfast accompanied by fresh fruit salad, cereals and toast.
9:00am – After breakfast, the vessel makes its journey to the last site on the trip, your chance to take your second dive of the day.
11:00am – Your last dive! When you surface, freshly made sandwiches will be waiting, served as the vessel heads home.
4:00pm – Transfer to the hostel.
7:30pm – Join the crew and fellow passengers at a local restaurant for a farewell dinner if you wish (Dinner not included).
This will be your final night in hostel accommodation. If you wish you can extend your stay with the hostel, and enjoy some of the sights and attractions in and around Cairns perhaps add on the Cairn Adrenaline Overload
Day 7 – Check out of Hostel
Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Occasionally changes are made to improve our trips based on past customer feedback, our own research and other factors beyond our control, such as the weather.
Accommodation & Meals
Six nights of accommodation are included in the price, with all nights bar four and five (when you will be staying aboard the dive boat) spent in a fantastic shared dorm hostel in Cairns.
Located on the Esplanade, the hostel is in the heart of Cairns, opposite its famous lagoon. It offers clean and comfortable accommodation with friendly and knowledgeable staff. Here you´ll be staying in 4 or 6 bed dorms. Facilities include:
- A swimming pool
- Pool table and table tennis
- Common room access
- Guest kitchen use
- Internet access
- Safety deposit box
- Tour desk use
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Telephone access
During your three days and two nights (on nights four and five) aboard one of our three fully equipped dive charter vessels, you´ll have a choice of accommodation, as all vessels feature a choice of twin-share cabins, or double cabins. For customers travelling alone, we will arrange a twin share cabin with another scuba student of the same sex.
There are also two large decks aboard, one for storing your gear, and the other for sunbathing and relaxing. Meals are not included during your stay in Cairns, but will be served and included during your stay on the dive boat. Consisting of three breakfasts, three lunches and two dinners, breakfasts will normally include eggs, bacon, fruit salad, cereals and toast. Lunch is often a choice between pasta, salad or sandwiches, and dinner is always a wholesome, hot, and plentiful dish. You´ll also be served morning and afternoon tea while aboard, so you shouldn’t go hungry!
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
- Minimum age 12 years of age
- 10 minute tread water 200m swim or 300m with snorkel and fins
- Dive Medical according to Australian Standard (AS4005-1) required by Government Regulations.
|7 (Days)||GBP 669||Book Now|
|7 (Days)||GBP 669 GBP 615 (Early Bird)|
Book today with a deposit and travel after 04 - Apr - 2018 to lock in the early bird price. "Hurry only limited early bird spots available !"
Terms: £200 GBP deposit required on booking. Full payment 12 weeks prior to trip start.
- Pre departure information pack
- 9 Dives (4 training dives and 5 pleasure dives including one night dive)
- PADI Open Water certification
- PADI Open Water manual
- Dive log book
- Transfers from your Cairns hostel accommodation to the dive school
- 6 night´s total accommodation (4 nights hostel dorm share & 2 nights twin share on board dive boat)
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners and morning & afternoon tea (aboard the boat)
- 2 Passport Photos
- Use of all dive & snorkel equipment – includes dive computer, wetsuits and dive torch
- Prescription lens mask (if required)
- 24 hour emergency support
- Airport transfers
- Compulsory dive medical costing AUD60 payable directly to the doctor on the first day of the dive course
- Extra charges of AUD70. This amount incorporates the EMC as well as Port Departure Tax and administration costs
- A compulsory fee of AU$16.50 is collected for the Government Environmental Management Charge
- Your meals on days 1,2,3 and the farewell dinner on day 6
- Underwater camera hire (optional)
- Travel insurance