This programme is open to people with all levels of kite surfing ability. That includes if you’ve never even seen a kite surf in your entire life! Kite surfing is a remarkably progressive sport. No matter how long you’ve been practising, you can always improve. It’s time on the water that really makes the difference. You can go from complete novice to beginner in around 6 hours. After several weeks of constant practice you will be intermediate. But here’s the issue. Due to the sport being heavily dependent on the wind, often people don’t have the time to progress. The beautiful thing about this course is you are living right by the kite surf channel, when the wind is in which is pretty much a daily occurrence in June due to the thermal winds kicking up in Majorca, it on. You will have plenty of time to perfect your kite surf ability.
Live in an epic beach house and learn to Kite Surf like a legend!
Spain Kitesurf Legend Photos
Spain Kitesurf Legend: Trip Highlights
- Learn how to kitesurf and perfect your skills on our progressive course
- High percentage of onshore thermal wind days, plenty of activities on non-wind days
- Living in an amazing beach house right in front of the sea and kite launch zone.
- Excursions to world heritage sites, and stunning Majorcan beaches
- Expert tuition from our International Kite Surf team
- Unrivalled location with plenty to do and experience
- Awesome Kitesurf camp vibe
Arriving into Palma de Mallorca the transfer to the local town of Alcudia takes approximately one hour on the A32 bus service (direct from the airport). A member of our friendly team will be waiting to meet you off the bus and transfer you to the beach house on arrival. You can arrive at any time on Sunday and check in after 2pm. After checking in, you are free to chill at the villa, hit the beach, or do some stand-up paddle. A group orientation and introduction and getting to know you session will take place at 5 o’clock at the villa.
As with most days we start off with an early morning sun rise yoga session to stretch your muscles. Sessions take place on the roof terrace overlooking the ocean, National Park and Sierra Tramontana mountain range.
Then time for a healthy breakfast consisting of fruit, yoghurt, smoothie options, muesli, and eggs. Breakfast is served from 830 to 915 on the roof terrace.
Depending on the water conditions we have a daily stand-up paddle session. The bay of Pollenca has crystal calm flat water in the morning and is the perfect place to do some stand-up paddle due to it being relatively shallow and exceptionally beautiful. The thermal wind doesn’t tend to kick in until around 1 o’clock that’s great to start your mornings by getting out on the water when it calm and serene.
Buffet style healthy lunch served on the roof terrace or in the garden. Stock up on your carbs as you’re going to be burning a lot of energy on the water.
1.30 – 4.00
And it’s on! Thermal wind kicks in pretty much every single day in the summer which means you can be out on the water most days. If you have never learnt to kite surf before, you will have a nine-hour in water course spread out over a couple of days. After that it’s all about practice so you will be out riding on the water improving your kite surf abilities.
Kiting takes place right in front of the villa we are merely a couple of metres away from the launch point.
Every Wednsday and Thursday we take excursions which you are welcome to join.
For example on Wednesday there is an excursion to the beautiful Roman town of Pollenca where you can visit a local market.
On Friday afternoons you have the opportunity to do a nature trek, this lasts approximately 2 ½ hours taking you through a beautiful valley, down to a secluded beach.
Early risers are able to enjoy a beautiful sunrise SUP session, or perhaps you may prefer a lie in. After a healthy breakfast at 8:30 AM on Saturday, it’s excursion day!
There are a range of options for excursions depending on the preference of the group. Some of these excursions are free and others incur a local charge:
Some of the excursion options include:
- Speed boat hire: (Minimum for persons 100 EUR per person) includes captain, fuel and boat hire 4 hours)
- Formentor Beach we catch a glass bottom boat across to one of the most beautiful beaches. The journey takes 25 minutes Puerto Pollensa to Formentor the views of the bay along the way are impressive. You can get a closer look at the lighthouse at Cap de Formentor and La Fortaleza, one of Spain’s most impressive estates featured in the bbcs night manager. It is an open ticket, so you can choose the timetable you prefer to come back, so the choice of options is flexible and you are not in a rush.
- Formentor look out. Head up to a beautiful world heritage site with dramatic clifftop views.
- Water Park Excursion (entrance fee not included)
- Pirate Boat Experience: five hours exploring the bays beaches and cliffs of Majorca, on a pirate cruiser, includes snorkelling equipment and lunch. With pickup and drop-off from the villa. €60 per person
Sunday is rest day, if you are checking out you will have to vacate your room by 10, but you are welcome to chill by the villa if you have a later flight. Say good bye to your new friends and hello to maintaining a new healthier better you!
Xtreme Gap Year has a beach house in Majorca, where we run this kite surf programme. You will stay in a shared apartment right by the beach in a beautiful National Park. Based on quad share.
Shared bathroom, lounge and outdoor chillout zones on the roof.
The Shared Villa
Most people opt for the standard shared villa option. Based on Quad share dorms. The villa is located right next to the training areas, so rolling out of bed is easy.
It is also a haven of relaxation when you are not training. Equipped with a rooftop terrace with views of the ocean.
Kiting together and living together is a very bonding experience, it’s a great way to make friends. Don’t worry about needing your own space also. The villa is sufficiently big with plenty of chillout areas for you to catch some quiet time to.
Due to the nature of the Kitesurf Camp, people do not tend to have late-night the villa. You will be exhausted! So you can expect to get a good nights sleep in fan cooled rooms.
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
1 Week - Inclusive Kite course (9 hours gear rental)
1 Week - Inclusive Kite course (Unlimited rental)
1 Week - With out kite course (bringing own gear)
2 Week - With out kite course (bringing own gear)
4 Week - 9 hours Instruction & Unlimited Kite Rental