The trip starts in Hanoi in Vietnam where you will be met at the airport. You then go to various different places via overland transport before ending back in Ho Chi Minh. You then need to arrange a flight from Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok for the start of the Thailand Experience. Your Thailand trip ends in Koh Tao, but we help you get back to Bangkok for the start of your Laos trip which is a round trip through North Thailand, through Laos, back to Bangkok, where you can fly home from.
South East Asia is a very interesting, fun, safe and beautiful part of the world. It has a well-trodden backpacking route for good reason. This is a 9 week trip showing you the best sites in Vietnam, Thailand and Laos in a whopping 9 weeks! From bustling cities, to UNESCO sites and from stunning beaches and islands to lakes with dolphins. You can join three exciting group adventure trips in 3 different countries in Asia and see the best that this region has to offer.
Round the World South East Asia: Trip Highlights
This exciting trip starts off in amazing Vietnam, with the Vietnam Experience. Starting in the North of Vietnam, in Hanoi and ending all the way in the south in Ho Chi Minh. After that, we take you on a 4 week trip to all the best parts and beaches in Thailand. Then Laos, from the Capital of Thailand, Bangkok, we take you up to the north of Thailand into stunning Laos, and back to Bangkok (so no flights needed here). Wow, what a trip!
SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Including airport pick ups, English speaking guides
- Meeting new friends and sharing adventures from day 1
- Excellent guides who will be there for you and make this the best trip ever!
- Explore bustling cities: Bangkok, Hanoi, Vientiane and many more exciting cities
- Street food and Asian flavours at every turn (tip: avoid the squid jerky)
- Stunning Halong Bay UNESCO site
- Tuk Tuks, Rickshaws and crazy traffic!
- Immersing yourself in Thai Culture
- Full Moon Party
- Tropical Islands and amazing beaches
- Adventure options with Diving, Freediving, Muay Thai or Yoga
- Discover Scuba diving, island trips and Stand up paddling
- Get off the beaten track in Laos (flexible hop on hop off!)
- River tubing in Laos (not to be missed!)
- Meet and chat to other Xtreme Gappers with an online Buddy list before you travel too!
Round the World South East Asia Photos
As this Round the World trip is built out of 3 trips, we would love to give you a lot more information on each trip. In the links below you will find all the information in much detail. but if you have questions you can, of course, email us, see the web form at the bottom of the page where you can leave your details and ask your question. We will get straight on it!
The order of the trip
Take an epic three week road trip throughout Vietnam from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. New friends on new adventures along the way, in truly one of the most breathtaking Southeast Asian countries. Fully guided full on bring it on! Insanely good value as well.
Link to Xtreme Vietnam Experience Programme.
Experience Thailand with our top selling trip. Four adventure-filled weeks, that will take you from Bangkok to the heart of Thailand, to the tropical beaches of Koh Tao. Our included airport collection, Thai guides, guaranteed group numbers and jam-packed itinerary make this ideal for first time or solo travellers. Meet new people, make new friends, plus choose from 5 awesome activities for your 3rd week and have an unforgettable month-long journey.
Link to the Thailand Entourage Programme.
Get off the beaten path and visit Laos! Let us take you off the beaten path on our backpacker trip in Laos. Starting in Bangkok Thailand, you can head through one of the most rewarding countries in South East Asia, and experience the joys of tubing, waterfalls and mind boggling scenery and beer Lao!
Link to Laos hop on hop off Programme
During the trip you stay in triple share accommodation. Usually, this is same sex but not always. Accommodation is comfortable, clean and regularly inspected to ensure that we maintain high standards with the guesthouse as we stay in.
Because you stay in various different locations throughout the trip accommodation does vary, however, expect to stay in comfortable and clean and secure accommodation. On the islands, you will stay in a luxury resort, with a swimming pool set in beautiful Thai Gardens just a short walk from the beach and bars and restaurants.
If you would like to upgrade to your own room on Koh Tao (normally it is twin share), This can be done for 75 GBP per week.
The Laos section does not include accommodation but our guides can book this for you enroute. Budget about £10 per day for this.
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
9 Week - Vietnam Thailand LaosBook Now
- Breakfasts and accommodation throughout programme
- Airport transfer on arrival, to make it easy for you!
- Activities as per itinerary
- Orientation by our rep
- Vietnamese cooking lessons
- Vietnamese language lessons
- Jungle trekking or cultural immersion at local schools. Let us know at time of booking!
- Access to buddy lists before you go
- Personally met at the airport
- Super nice and professional guides
- All accommodation
- All activities as per itinerary, elephants, waterfalls, nationalparkss, temples
- Breakfast in the first 2 weeks
- Nights out (own expense but guided)
- Transport taking you to different parts of Thailand
- Free Wi-Fi at most resorts
- Exploring the history and culture of Bangkok by visiting various temples
- Pick your own action pack during week 3. Yoga, Muay Thai, diving or free diving
- Snorkeling in crystal clear waters around a tropical paradise island
- Boat ride to stunning tiny island
- Walk to stunning viewpoint
- Full moon party ticket included!
- Pre departure information
- Pick up at different locations in Thailand and Laos
- Reservations for extra tours and accommodation will be made by the guide
- Flexible hop on hop off Tour Pass, min 11 days needed, but we give you 2 weeks to complete it!
- All Transportation
- Services of the Tour Leader who can help with accommodation and activities
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation in Laos
- Meals in Vietnam, Thailand and Laos (in Vietnam and first 2 weeks of Thailand we include breakfast)
- Transport from Hanoi to Bangkok (Flight)
Frequently Asked Questions
Asia is very cheap in general, and because there are a lot of inclusions you will not need much. In Thailand and Vietnam, for example, all of your accommodation is taking care of. During the whole of your trip, you will have transfers and guides included and lots of activities. We recommend people’s take between 10 and £20 per day you can get away with less. In Laos, you need to pay for accommodation so add on another £10 a day
People on this trip typically are 60% female 40% male and between the ages of 18 and 25. Although that is not necessarily a reason to exclude you if you do not fall into this age category.
You can book your space on this trip for a small deposit and then 12 weeks prior to departure you will need to pay the balance in full.
On round the world bookings we can stage payment to make it easier to save, you can of course pay all at once.
- Time of booking if travelling in more than 6 months -25% deposit of the balance
- At 16 Weeks until departure ” 50% of the balance
- 12 weeks before departure ” the remaining 25% balance.
This ensures you have enough time to save for your flights, spending money and insurance.
Round the World South East Asia Trip Dates
Start Dates 2018
Start Vietnam Sunday 15 April 2018 FULL
Start Vietnam Sunday 24 June 2018
Start Vietnam Sunday 15 July 2018
Start Vietnam Sunday 07 October 2018
Start Vietnam Sunday 11 November 2018
Start Dates 2019
Start Vietnam Sunday 13 January 2019
Start Vietnam Sunday 10 February 2019
Start Vietnam Sunday 10 March 2019
Start Vietnam Sunday 07 April 2019
Start Vietnam Sunday 09 June 2019
Start Vietnam Sunday 07 July 2019
Start Vietnam Sunday 08 September 2019
Start Vietnam Sunday 03 November 2019