The camp is located in the south-central part of Phuket in Chalong. This is about 10 minutes by taxi from the beaches. It’s close to Chalong Temple and is a beautiful part of the island. Away from the touristy overcrowded resorts, the training facility backs on to the Thai jungle, and is overlooked by the big Buddha off to the distance.
Always dreaming of a career in the fitness industry, but no idea where to start? Well, look no further. At our dedicated fitness camp in Thailand you get theoretical and hands-on instruction from our professional team.
People join for different reasons, and people with all kinds professional working different background join, for different reasons. Some want a career change, some just want to learn more about physics, nutrition etc. and have a great time abroad learning a new skill.
The personal fitness trainer career development course is spread out over 7 weeks. and runs only 1 time a year. there are limited spaces available so be sure to join us in time.
The first 3 weeks is home study, but we help you, our services are available online. after those initial first 3 weeks, you will join us in Thailand at an amazing gym. (The gym where we also run our Thailand Fitness bootcamp programme from. Here you get hands-on practice. after completing, you are ready for your new professions, plus we have an option for you to join us for a 3-week internship here in Thailand or at our bootcamp in Bali! can it get any better?
Personal Fitness Trainer Development Course: Trip Highlights
CERTIFIED PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER CAREER DEVELOPMENT COURSE. GET QUALIFIED!
- Change your life with a Career in Fitness industry with the opportunity to work in the fitness industry all over the world.
- Stand out with this qualification, as you will get practical experience in the best gym in Thailand.
- Gain valuable work experience at the end, at our bootcamp Bali or Thailand!
- After a 3 week home study (Theoretical), you join us for a fully inclusive 4-week practical training course in Thailand: Eat, sleep and breathe training in a unique fitness environment!
- Study to become a first-class Certified Personal Trainer and group instructor.
- courses delivered by world-class lecturers and coaches.
- Location -The number one fitness camp in Phuket Thailand! You will study in Paradise and gain practical experience.
- Budget or private ensuite accommodation options to suit all budgets, with access to swimming pool onsite, fully equipped indoor gym and free wifi.
- Indoor airconditioned space to study.
- Access to the fitness camp, exclusively for our students to practice.
Personal Fitness Trainer Development Course Photos
Personal Fitness Trainer Development Course: Full Details
THE PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER CAREER DEVELOPMENT COURSE
Xtreme Gap Year runs the personal trainer development course in conjuction with Utimate Fitness. Ultimate Fitness has develloped a programme called : The Ultimate Fitness And Sports Education (UFASE) programme.
The programme includes 7 weeks of study with an optional 3-week work experience placement option in Thailand or Bali. The academics are split into a 3-week theoretical pre-study (at home), 4 weeks onsite training and instruction in Thailand, and an optional 3-week onsite work experience programme. The course will prepare you to gain your Europe activ certificate.
Study In Thailand & Work Anywhere In The World
This is your ticket to being able to work anywhere in the world, in a fun exciting industry that puts health and fitness and well-being at the forefront of your lifestyle. Previous UFASE certified trainers have gone on to work in exclusive resorts in Asia and the Middle East pulling in more between €2500 – €5000 per month earnings!
UFASE, a division of Ultimate Fitness the number 1 global leading fitness bootcamp operator, has developed this unique programme to fast track you to get up and running and earning as a PT in under 2 months.
Why pick this course
This is the first step in gaining skills and experience leading to a personal trainer qualification that can lead to complete financial independence with the ability to work anywhere in the world.
Whilst there are many courses offering qualifications in personal training, this is all done online with no practical experience. To make you stand out after gaining your qualification, we offer you after the 3-week initial theoretical exams from home, a 4-week practical experience at our bootcamp in Thailand. After your qualification, you can extend your practical skills by extending your stay for 3 weeks at our camp in Thailand or Bali to boost your chances of gaining employment in the health and fitness industry.
While there are many routes to becoming a personal trainer and getting fitness training qualifications most can be quite academically focused, and they are not set in beautiful locations in a dedicated training facility. So why not come to Thailand, a tropical paradise, to do a live-in course with food and accommodation included. Kickstarting a new dream career that gives you the ultimate freedom of working wherever you want in the world.
UFASE – Ultimate Fitness And Sports Education
This is the most comprehensive education on the market. We will prepare you for the real world and what a fitness camp, a gym or a client wants from a personal trainer.
- 3 weeks / 120 hours of theoretical studies from the comfort of your own home
- 4 weeks / 320 hours of practical studies in a fitness environment in Thailand, you will live, study, eat and practice your skills in a real fitness environment.
After completing the course and receiving the certificate of qualification, you will have a diploma as a Licenced Personal Trainer and Fitness Coach in accordance with the Europe Active standards.
Note: there is not one and the same certification for each country, but you will all have studied the same. The extra you will get with Ultimate Fitness UFASE programme is the practical experience on top of the online study. So you are way ahead of the rest!
COURSE BREAK DOWN IN DETAIL:
The Personal Fitness Trainer Career Development Course will give you basic knowledge theory in anatomy, physiology, nutrition, training and the occupation of being a Personal Trainer. No prior knowledge required.
Here you can read more detail on the course content.
Note the programme is designed as a personal trainer development course to get you ready to sit the Europe Active examination. The course does not include the exam fee. This is payable locally to the exam body at the end of the course in Bangkok. You can learn more about the accrediting body Europe active here.
Single occupancy ensuite rooms on-site with free use of the swimming pool. Includes an ensuite bathroom, fridge, AC, wi-fi and a desk.
Meet and eat at the restaurant on campus, there is fast Wifi and of course healthy and delicious food, 2 meals per day included. We cater for diets too.
The location of the camp is in Phuket. Widely regarded as one of the most beautiful islands in Thailand, it is a beach lover’s paradise. Gorgeous white sand, tropical jungle, and a warm welcoming atmosphere await. If you have not been to Thailand before, you will be amazed by how welcoming the Thais are. For the duration of the education, you will be staying on sight at the training facility, which is located in the centre of Phuket towards the south. You are only about 10 minutes away from the beaches, although you are not right by the beach. The environment around the camp is very much focused on training. It is a little secluded which is perfect because temptation is not there to break from your routine, however, there is plenty to do and beaches and activities are very accessible. There is plenty of good nightlife in and around Phuket Town which is only a couple of minutes away by taxi.
- Pre departure information
- Course material
- 3-week of self-study from home
- 4-week teacher-led studies in Thailand
- Taxi pick up Phuket airport
- Introduction & Orientation on arrival in Thailand
- Accommodation (standard or dorm) when in Thailand
- Theoretical and practical experience
- Dedicated Ultimate Fitness Holidays representative on call
- Space to study with internet access, a desk and airconditioning
- Access to indoor Gym with weekly Big Buddha runs & Beach workouts
- 2 meals/day mon-sat (Breakfast and Lunch or Dinner)
- Certified Personal Trainer Diploma upon completion of the course
- Work with real clients and hold your own fitness classes (if you book 3-week add-on)
- 20 hours of PT and Group instructor internship
- Evening meals
- Books, study material
- Travel Insurance
- Return airport drop off
- Exam Fee will be held the last week in Bangkok, additional cost for the exam is 290USD plus you will have to budget for a short flight from Phuket to Bangkok to sit the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
We can help you with a visa if you are staying 4 weeks or longer. You receive a 30-day visa on arrival and can extend locally and receive 30 more. It will be minor changes depending on where you are from so double check. If you planning to stay longer you can also contact the Thai embassy.
There are many cafes and restaurants near us and if you travel down the main road you will find 711’s and fresh food markets in the area.
Both the standard ensuite accommodation and share dorms are located within 60 m of the training camp. Both have access to a gorgeous pool to dip into when you are not studying or training hard. Typically they come with: fridge, work desk, Cable TV, and private bathroom. (Room check-in after 2pm.)
It is included 2 meals per day mon-fri, either breakfast and lunch, or breakfast and dinner. We serve a wide range of food from western food to vegetarian and halal food. Not all meals are included as people tend to vistit the local restaurants in the evening and weekends and this adds to the social aspect of the trip.
It could be difficult the first few days but you will get used to it very fast. At the training camp there is a nice breeze due to the open air space and shade due to the roof and all the trees. Training in nature is wonderful and it is not that hot!
If you drop us your flight details we pick you up from the airport. For the return, taxis can be arranged at our reception for any destination.
Kata beach and Nai Harn beach is just a short taxi ride away, about 10 minutes depending on traffic.
Wifi is available all around the area including our campus, hotel and restaurant. Also we provide you with a space to study. There will also be wifi (and aircon) there.
Exam Fee will be held the last week, additional cost for the exam is 290USD.
Other than that there are no other costs. All our prices online include VAT, service and booking fee.
This is very individual but Thailand is known for being a cheap destination in regards to food. You already have two meals included mon-sat so if you will have another meal prices vary from 100B-300B.
This is a full-time 7-week education and you are expected to study 8h per day Monday – Friday. 1 week before the self-studies start you will get the information needed.
- Professionalism: you will learn to demonstrate and follow the code of practice and the ethical requirements that are important for your role as a PT.
- Customer Care: General rules and procedures on how to provide a high-quality effective customer care.
- Communication: How to develop the right communication skills in order to analyse a client’s needs, develop and implement training programmes and motivate the client and build confidence during and after a training programme. Important aspects such as body language, voice, posture; facial expressions and problem-solving will be discussed.
- Health Promotion: We will be focusing on the exercise guidelines for health, well-being and physical fitness. How physical activity affects the body (cardiovascular and muscular) and the benefits of reducing risks of disease. You will learn how different levels and different styles of physical activities impact the body. Nutrition impact on health will be discussed and how training in the right environment affects our well-being.
Personal Fitness Trainer Development Course Trip Dates
Full time studies
4 weeks of teacher led studies
Onsite 12th of July- 12th of August 2020. 3 weeks of online studies prior to arrival