We have moved primarily toward digital materials for the courses. This to allow the students to have access to materials before they arrive if they would like, and also to make it easier for them to travel with, example for baggage limits etc. This also makes it more efficient with our timing, allowing us to spend more time in the water and less time physically in the classroom.
Start your adventure as a professional diver and join our Divemaster course in Costa Rica. The Divemaster course will get you working closely with a PADI Instructor. You will expand your dive knowledge and work on your skills daily. The PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
Divemaster in Costa Rica: Trip Highlights
- Diving in the tropical Pacific Ocean
- Seeing Dolphins, Whales and thousands of tropical fish
- Encountering monkeys and Sloths in Manuel Antonio National Park
- Diving every day and being part of a vibrant fun dive shop
- Getting to know the locals with your own host family looking after you
- Includes all meals and free wifi!
- Up to 70ft visibility in warm waters
Divemaster in Costa Rica Photos
Why do your Divemaster Costa Rica? One who would want to dive in the beautiful warm waters surrounding Costa Rica. It’s a tropical paradise with amazing underwater environments, coupled with superb dive training and easy laid-back lifestyle it’s a great place to go about getting a Divemaster course.
There is no set itinerary for doing your Divemaster course, however you will have to complete different courses in the run up to doing your Divemaster:
- Open Water Course
- Advanced Open Water Course
- Rescue diver and EFR
A TYPICAL DAY
Duties in the morning would usually revolve around greeting the costumers as they came in and fitting their equipment, fins, mask, wetsuit, weights ect.. As well as answering questions and generally chatting and joking and trying to make them feel comfortable about the upcoming dives.
This Divemaster programme uses local homestay accommodation. Expect your own comfortable room, private bathroom, breakfast, lunch, dinner, free wifi and laundry service. We have been using the same homestays for a couple of years and it has proven to be very popular and more importantly secure, safe environment for our Divemaster trainees. Staying at a home stay also gets you immersed in the local culture quicker and you have your own Costa Rican family to look after you!
THE HOMESTAYS ARE LOCATED IN THE MANUEL ANTONIO / QUEPOS AREA
Manuel Antonio is located 100 miles south of San Jose on the central Pacific Coast (a pleasant 2 1/2-hour drive, or a short 20 minutes by plane), Manuel Antonio is home to a national park which was established in 1972 and is the natural habitat of species such as the endangered squirrel monkey (endemic to the area), white faced capuchin monkey, raccoons, three and two-toed sloths, white-nosed coaties, brown pelicans, black-collared hawks and green kingfishers.
- Airport pick up from San Jose Airport to Quepos by private car (met by representative of the dive shop)
- All Dive Courses (Open water to Divemaster)
- Dive Equipment (rental)
- All PADI Course Materials
- All dives during your scheduled program (2 – 4 Dives per day)
- Accommodation, private or semi-private room with bathroom at a homestay
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Laundry service (local payment per load)
- Scuba equipment rental of BCD, regulator, tanks and weights
- Regular social events: BBQs, salsa classes.
- Beach location, minutes from Manuel Antonio National Park
- Discounts on local tours: whitewater rafting, ATV´s, Canopy tours, horseback riding on the beach.
- Free workshop on Rescue techniques.
- Free CV preparation and Job placement assistance.
- Travel insurance & Dive insurance
- Padi Registration Fees
- Additional dives after scheduled program has finished
- Mask, snorkel and fins and dive watch or dive computer (all Divemaster candidates must have personal)
- Transport to return to San Jose airport (can be arranged locally at $185)
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to fly into Quepos, this is about 10 min away from the dive school you can also fly to San Jose but there is an additional US$165 pickup fee. As this is several miles away.
Divemaster in Costa Rica Trip Dates
Dec 2018 Sun: 16 Dec 2018 Book Now Sun: 23 Dec 2018 Book Now Sun: 30 Dec 2018 Book Now
Jan 2019 Sun: 06 Jan 2019 Book Now Sun: 13 Jan 2019 Book Now Sun: 20 Jan 2019 Book Now Sun: 27 Jan 2019 Book Now
Feb 2019 Sun: 03 Feb 2019 Book Now Sun: 10 Feb 2019 Book Now Sun: 17 Feb 2019 Book Now Sun: 24 Feb 2019 Book Now
Mar 2019 Sun: 03 Mar 2019 Book Now Sun: 10 Mar 2019 Book Now Sun: 17 Mar 2019 Book Now Sun: 24 Mar 2019 Book Now Sun: 31 Mar 2019 Book Now
Apr 2019 Sun: 07 Apr 2019 Book Now Sun: 14 Apr 2019 Book Now Sun: 21 Apr 2019 Book Now Sun: 28 Apr 2019 Book Now
May 2019 Sun: 05 May 2019 Book Now Sun: 12 May 2019 Book Now Sun: 19 May 2019 Book Now Sun: 26 May 2019 Book Now
Jun 2019 Sun: 02 Jun 2019 Book Now Sun: 09 Jun 2019 Book Now Sun: 16 Jun 2019 Book Now Sun: 23 Jun 2019 Book Now Sun: 30 Jun 2019 Book Now
Jul 2019 Sun: 07 Jul 2019 Book Now Sun: 14 Jul 2019 Book Now Sun: 21 Jul 2019 Book Now Sun: 28 Jul 2019 Book Now
Aug 2019 Sun: 04 Aug 2019 Book Now Sun: 11 Aug 2019 Book Now Sun: 18 Aug 2019 Book Now Sun: 25 Aug 2019 Book Now
Sep 2019 Sun: 01 Sep 2019 Book Now Sun: 08 Sep 2019 Book Now Sun: 15 Sep 2019 Book Now Sun: 22 Sep 2019 Book Now Sun: 29 Sep 2019 Book Now
Oct 2019 Sun: 06 Oct 2019 Book Now Sun: 13 Oct 2019 Book Now Sun: 20 Oct 2019 Book Now Sun: 27 Oct 2019 Book Now