Training to become a Divemaster anywhere is a fantastic way to spend several months abroad. There are few other travel activities that can provide you with this much adventure and fun and of course the excitement of being underwater in a completely different world totally different to everything you are used to. It is highly addictive. On this course, it is particularly special because it is located in the Caribbean, on the world’s second-largest barrier Reef, with some superb dive sites so you will really enjoy your days diving in crystal clear seas.
Utila, the smallest of the smallest islands off the coast of Honduras in the Bay Islands has it all! On the island of Utila, which borders on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef system, (the 2nd largest reef in the world after the Australian Great Barrier Reef) you will discover some of the most beautiful beaches, coral reefs, and tropical island sunsets in the world. With over 100 different dive sites to choose from, including caves and wrecks (such as the famous Halliburton), here scuba diving is always interesting and never crowded.
The reef system is home to more than 65 species of stony coral, 350 species of mollusc and more than 500 species of fish. Also, it is known as the “Whale Shark Capital of the Caribbean” and is a famous location for Whale Shark encounters, year round.
And it’s not just the diving! You will be living the life on a tropical island in off the coast of Honduras in the Bay Islands. There is plenty to do here, stunning beaches, water sports, exploring and also quite a bit of nightlife! With some cool beach bars and lovely restaurants, there is always something going on in this tropical paradise.
CARRIBEAN ISLAND DIVEMASTER HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Spend your days and nights, enjoying scuba diving and living on a Caribbean Island
- You can start at any level
- Dive the world’s second-largest barrier Reef
- Here you find it all underwater, superb network of caves, canyons and underwater channels
- Dive with Dolphins and whalesharks
- A free speciality in either Dolphin Awareness, Tec Support or Adaptive Teaching
- Get to spend time in the Caribbean. If you want to learn, life and dive on a tropical island, the Xtreme Gap Divemaster programme is the one to follow