You will not need much for this trip. All food and accommodation is included on the reserve.
Stay in volunteer on big five game reserve in the heart of South Africa near Port Elizabeth. Learn all about the wildlife as you volunteer, helping out with lots of different activities. Care for big cats like lions and leopards. Look after elephants and unusually we even have tigers at the sanctuary.
This is hands on conservation work, living in the heart of the reserve in five-star accommodation. No days the same, as you make friends and have an incredible Africa gap year.
Big 5 Wildlife Reserve & Community Volunteering South Africa Photos
Big 5 Wildlife Reserve & Community Volunteering South Africa: Trip Highlights
- Get a behind the scenes look at life on a South African Game Reserve
- Learn all about amazing African Wildlife while volunteering on an amazing game reserve
- Large groups! This is the most popular wildlife conservation project we run. So its super social with large gap year groups you are sure to make friends.
- Get up close to huge Elephants on game drives
- Be a conservation volunteer and help the land revert back to its natural state
- Everything is included so you don’t need loads of money on the project
You will be staying in a dedicated 5 star volunteer camp. We have single sex dorm rooms, and shared common areas. The camp dispensed which is important because it’s located right inside the game reserve. It’s not unusual to hear the call of Africa’s wild as you sit around the campfire. Looking up and 1 million stars the location is really special.
Meals are taken at the camp, hearty traditional South African food is freshly prepared every day. Vegetarians are well catered for as well.
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
2 Week -
3 Week -
4 Week -
6 Week -