Yes this trip starts on a Sunday, every 1st and 3rd sunday of the month. This is the day you arrive in Sydney.
This is your dream chance to work & travel along the social backpacker route: The East Coast of Australia and find a job in the process.
This road trip along the east Coast of Australia runs from Sydney to Cairns and gives you lots of opportunities to find work. Plus, we include lots of amazing activities along the coast. With in no time you can be Surfing in Byron bay, Cruising on Fraser Island and Sailing the Whitsundays.
Everything is arranged for you: arrival, transport, and awesome activities with new mates! It is flexible too, so you can spend up to 6 months completing it.
Australia Work & Travel East Coast Photos
Australia Work & Travel East Coast: Trip Highlights
Hands down the most excitement you can cram into any Australia trip, plus work all along the East Coast! You will love it because you do everything, without worrying about running out of money on your travels, because all of the essential East Coast activities and experiences are included.
- Sydney work and travel assistance and help every step of the way with not one but 2 job placement services.
- An action packed 3 days in Sydney with fun social activities.
- New friends and new adventures in one of the coolest cities in the world.
- Sail the stunning Whitsunday islands!
- Go off roading on frazer island
- Discover the amazing nightlife Sydney
- After the first week we will help find you the perfect backpacking job so that you can earn big bucks in Australia. With minimum wage being about £9.75 in our many of our jobs from our job placement service come in at £15- £21 per hour*
- Getting up to £1500 tax back on your return from Australia**
*Rate varies due to exchange-rate fluctuations and you are paid in Australian dollars.
**You will also qualify to get tax back at the end of the year meaning you can actually come home with cash in your bank account providing you have paid that in earnings!
EARN AS YOU TRAVEL! WORK SECTION
Our Sydney 3 night work & travel arrival pack includes detailed predeparture support with arrival transfer details sent to you prior to your arrival and the following we have arranged for you on arrival.
- Arrival airport transfer
- 3nts dorm accommodation at or hostel in Sydney
- Breakfast daily at the communal kitchen area in the hostel
- SIM Pack
On Monday (excludes public holidays and closed from Dec 23 to Jan 3) we arrange an orientation session for you. During this session we tell you all about what you can expect from the job service we include.
- 12 Months membership with job search, our recruitment company specialising in jobs suitable to work & holiday makers only.
- One-on-one Interview with JobSearch staff to conduct an assessment of qualification, experience as well as expectations in regards to employment
- Resume building
- Advice on permits, licences required for specific jobs (discounted RSA courses available)
- Assistance with TFN ( tax file application)
- Assistance with Medicare application (where applicable)
- Assistance with Bank account application
- Assistance with Tax Return and Superannuation
- Access to JobSearch portal for 12 months
- Assistance of Job Search staff in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane , Cairns and Auckland
Arrival in Sydney and the start of your adventure of a lifetime.As you come in to land at Sydney Airport you can gaze in awe as you see the iconic Harbour Bridge and Opera House for the first time. Your excitement levels will go through the roof as you think about the possibilities and excitement that await you in this vibrant city!
To help you get over the dreaded jet lag we have organized a fantastic three-night arrival pack, where we set you up to get ready to find work and it will help you to get settled in straight away at one of the coolest hostels in Sydney, right in the heart of the backpacker district, think comfy beds, wild nights out with new friends and all the essentials you need, such as internet access and daily breakfast . You don´t need to worry about a thing!
On Monday we include the introduction session, during which we go over the job support.
- Bank account & Tax setup
- Job and resume assistance
- Access to Nomads Job Board for 12 months
- Licence requirements, permits and courses advice
- Assistance with interview preparation
- 3 months Nomads job desk assistance
What else? Stroll around the many colourful markets, people-watch on famous Bondi Beach and visit the gorgeous little islands scattered around Port Jackson.
By now jetlag should be a distant memory, but after three action-packed days and nights in Sydney you´ll probably be glad to have a break from the big city lights and lie on a gorgeous beach instead. Well, you can. Its up to you now. When to jump on that bus leaving Sydney. Or will you hang out in Sydney for a while, or will you want to seek work and adventure elsewhere along the stunning east coast.
There is 14 Nights Accommodation included in the price of this trip.
- 3 nights in Sydney in an awesome hostel in central Sydney
- 1 night dorm accommodation at the surf and stay
- 3 nights dorm accommodation at Nomads Noosa
- 2 nights camping on Fraser Island Tour
- 2 nights dorm accommodation at Nomads Airlie Beach
- 1 night on board a Whitsunday Maxi Sailing
- 2 nights dorm accommodation at Nomads Cairns
That ´s 14 nights of not having to find a bed for the night included in the price!
Most of our travellers travel alone, and are a bit anxious, so lets explain how this trip works:
We get it; you are nervous! But with your first 3 nights in Sydney arranged,including lots of activities, and a backpacker bus pass along the east coast including stop offs in the best places plus including quite a few nights for you… you will wonder why you were nervous. By this time you will have already made friends for life, it´s easy!
Remember 85% on the trip backpacks solo, so everyone is up for making new friends, but also everyone picks their own pace. After a few amazing days in Sydney, you get on the flexible backpacker bus and you can hop on and hop off where ever you like. People tend to travel together for a few days or weeks and then meet others again. As other travellers might have 6 weeks and you might be thinking of travel and work in Australia for 5 months. That is the deal with backpacking. It´s about meeting people, doing amazing stuff together and move on… but have memories for life!
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
6 Month -
Currently on sale with 5% off. Book today to avoid disappointment; this deal will not last long!
Was USD 2299
Now USD 2184