Of course. There are many opportunities to head off on your own, and many people on this trip also extend their time in Cuba afterwards to travel around more. There are many museums and other sites to see in Havana, plus you could even take a few days to head to towns such as Santiago, Cienfuegos or Trinidad (the latter is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most beautiful cities in the Caribbean).
Get your Salsa on and Learn Spanish in the heart of Havana the UNESCO world heritage site and capital city of Cuba. An exciting destination with a turbulent history you can witness it in the making as you learn Spanish and soak up the atmosphere in this amazing Caribbean country. This is complete cultural immersion and you will see the site to Cuba that most ” tourists” are hidden from. That’s a good thing by the way, as we think you will fall in love this place.
Learn Spanish in Havana Cuba! Photos
Learn Spanish in Havana Cuba!: Trip Highlights
This programme is without doubt one of our most ambitious ever, and will see you begin your journey in the world famous capital city, Havana. You won’t be staying in a hotel though, but in a casa particular, charming guesthouses run by local people and which are one of the only examples of legal capitalism in the country.
This accommodation will allow you to immerse yourself in the local culture, as you share breakfast and lunch with the owners, as well as fellow travellers. You can even practice your Spanish on them, and they’ll certainly do their best to help you understand the country as a whole.
- Exploring this wonderful Caribbean country
- Learning Spanish with up to 80 hours of Spanish lessons
- Cruising through Havana in 1950s cars
- Exploring the culture and history of this incredible country
- Seeing what life is like living in the world last Communist states
- Gaining impressive Cuban salsa moves with included dancing lessons and other cultural activities
- Trips to the Caribbean beaches
While in Cuba, you will be staying with real Cuban families, understanding what it is like to live in this country on a day to day basis. As already mentioned, you’ll stay in a casa particular while in Havana, and some of the main features of these are:
- Run by local families, therefore providing a window into the life of Cubans
- Twin rooms with air conditioning
- All rooms have on en-suite bathroom
- Breakfast and lunch included within the price
- Located in Habana Vieja, the most authentic part of the city
- Owner of the casa particular is a doctor, should any medical problems arise
- Family speaks some English, making the transition to Cuban life easier
A Rough Idea of Price
All of our gap year holidays are completely customised to your needs and prices will therefore vary based on things like the time of year and level of accommodation; but we want to give you as good an idea of how much this itinerary will cost.
2 Week -
4 Week -