Round The World South East AsiaBook Now
This exciting trip starts off in Bangkok, with the Thailand Entourage. This is a 4 week trip to all the best parts and beaches in Thailand. Then from the Capital of Thailand, Bangkok, we take you up to the north of Thailand in to stunning Laos, and back to Bangkok (so no flights needed here). Last but not least you join the 3 week Vietnam trip. Starting Hanoi and ending all the way in the south in Ho Chi Minh. Wow what a trip!
- Including airport pick ups, English speaking guides
- Meeting new friends and sharing adventures from day 1
- Western guide (in Thailand) who will be there for you and make this the best trip ever!
- Immersing yourself in Thai Culture on the Thailand Entourage
- Full Moon Party
- Tropical Islands and amazing beaches
- Adventure options with diving, freediving, muay thai or Yoga
- Discover scuba diving, island trips and Stand up paddling
- River tubing in Laos (not to be missed!)
- Explore bustling cities: Bangkok, Hanoi, Vientiane and many more exciting cities
- Street food and Asian flavours at every turn (tip avoid the squid jerky)
- Stunning Halong Bay UNESCO site
- Tuk Tuks, Rickshaws and crazy traffic!
- Meet and chat to other Xtreme Gappers with an online Buddy list before you travel too!
- Exploring exciting Bangkok by the backpacking Mecca Khao San Road
- Learning about Thailand’s culture, history and visit temples
- Overnight stay on the beautiful and remote bottle beach
- Full Moon Party
- Action, adventure and big laughs on the slip and fly and wipe out courses!
- Adrenaline Adventures on Koh Tao like abseiling, snorkelling and diving and freediving, Muay Thai, cross fit or yoga course.
- Fully guided full moon party with pre-warm up and post-hangover care!
- Koh Tao adventure day. Get ready for some serious action.
- Welcome dinner
- Activities like SUP, Discover Scuba Dive and island trip
- Lots of Chill time on Koh Tao, Koh Phan Ngan and beach parties to remember
- An amazing laugh all the way with fun group leaders to guide you and the rest of the group
- Connect from Bangkok up to the Amazing North of Thailand on trains and traverse Laos
- Transfer back to Bangkok Included where you catch your flight to Hanoi
- ´Jump-on’ and ‘jump-off’ the bus anywhere that you want along the way around our comprehensive route
- Go further off the beaten track for unique down-to-earth stops
- Enjoy local culture and amazing activities
- Travel with like-minded people, our legendary guides and local drivers
- We can organise guest houses, hostels, budget hotels, ecolodges and camping accommodation options enroute
- Explore the vibrant 1,000-year-old of historic city of Hanoi during the first week
- Learn about Buddhism and Meditation, explore interesting Vietnamese places including Pagodas and temples in the second week
- Your Choice: Trek the amazing Sapa mountain, visit markets and learn about the culture or join the cultural immersion week
- Explore the colonial architecture and amazing beaches of Hoi Ann
- Visit Nha Trang and its amazing beaches, beach time!
- Amazing shopping in Hanoi and Hoi Ann
- Visit Hoi An Old Quarter. It has a distinctly French colonial flare
- Finish with an epic road trip all the way down south to Ho Chi Minh City
Fully guided trip throughout Southeast Asia with loads of activities and inclusions
As this Round the World trip is built out of 3 trips, we would love to give you a lot more information on each trip. In the links below you will find all the information in much detail. but if you have questions you can of course email us, see a web form at the bottom of the page where you can leave your details and ask your question. We will get straight on it!
Check the full itineraries here
- Time of booking if travelling in more than 6 months -25% deposit of the balance
- At 16 Weeks until departure ” 50% of the balance
- 12 weeks before departure ” the remaining 25% balance.
- Exploring the history and culture of Bangkok by visiting various temples
- The boat trip down the Chao Praya River
- Legendary night out on Koh San Road
- Shipwrecked adventure on bottle beach in Koh Pha Ngan
- Breathtaking sunsets in the Amsterdam bar infinity pool
- Guided full moon party, with a much-needed hangover day and free massage
- Total wipeout course (also known as the late challenge)
- Koh Tao adventure day which includes:
- Snorkeling in crystal clear waters round a tropical paradise island
- Boat ride to stunning tiny island
- Walk to stunning viewpoint
- Koh Tao activity option Week inclusions (pick one option):
- Get fit pack: 5 Muay Thai Sessions (5 hours), all equipment (for rent included) and training one on one with a Muay Thai Trainer
- Get ripped pack: 4 Crossfit sessions. These 4 classes will teach you all the basic movements and techniques for CrossFit
- Xtreme Freediving Pack: a 2 day beginner free diving course worth £399!
- Relax With Yoga: 5 yoga sessions spread out over 5 days
- The learn to dive course includes a full PADI open water course, course materials, instruction and 4 dives
- Full moon party included! Its guided and awesome.
- Island introduction: on arrival we will take you out for a gorgeous Thai meal and introduce you to other Xtreme Gappers on the island. In Koh Tao there are plenty of Xtreme Gappers doing other programmes as well as the Thailand Entourage
- Plenty of beach time on one of the most beautiful tropical paradise islands of the world
- Stand Up Paddling
- Discover scuba dive session!
- Island trip
- Personally met at the airport
- Super nice Western guides
- All Accommodation
- Nights out (own expense but guided)
- Transport taking you to different parts of Thailand.
- Free Wi-Fi at most resorts
- Back up & support second to none. Services of our tour leaders and English-speaking reps who are available and based locally 24/7.
- Pre departure information
- Pick up at different locations in Thailand and Laos
- Reservations for extra tours and accommodation will be made by the guide
- Flexible hop on hop off Tour Pass, min 11 days needed, but we give you 2 weeks to complete it!
- All Transportation
- Services of the Tour Leader who can help with accommodation and activities
- Breakfasts and accommodation throughout programme
- Airport transfer on arrival, to make it easy for you!
- Activities as per itinerary
- Orientation by our rep
- Vietnamese cooking lessons
- Vietnamese language lessons
- Jungle trekking or cultural immersion at local schools. Let us know at time of booking!
- Access to buddy lists before you go
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation in Laos
- Meals in Thailand and Laos, in Vietnam we include breakfast
- Transport from Koh Tao to Bangkok and transport from Bangkok to Hanoi.
Xtreme Vietnam ExperienceUSD 1099
Take an epic three week road trip throughout Vietnam from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. New friends on new adventures along the way, in truly one of the most breathtaking Southeast Asian countries. Fully guided full on bring it on! Insanely good value as well.
Get off the beaten path and visit Laos! Let us take you off the beaten path on our backpacker trip in Laos. Starting in Bangkok Thailand, you can head through one of the most rewarding countries in South East Asia, and experience the joys of tubing, waterfalls and mind boggling scenery and beer Lao!
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
Most of your transfers on this trip are in private vehicles (ie just for you and the group). Exactly what sort of vehicle depends on the group size.
Why is this important?
Whilst there is lots of public transport available in Thailand, much of it is very uncomfortable, there are very few regulations about safety (it’s not uncommon for drivers to be on the go for 18-24 hours plus) and also it’s almost impossible to guarantee to get a group of travellers together (with their bags) all in the same vehicle. On some routes you’re able to buy tickets in advance but on many other routes it’s a matter of hoping there is room on the bus or simply waiting for another.
Not the best way to spend your precious time.
By using private transfers we can:
• Guarantee the safety standards of the companies we use
• Ensure that drivers are assessed, do not drive too far in one go, are not drunk etc
• Ensure that all the group are in the same vehicle and that we’re not waiting ages for another bus to come
• Plan our trips to fit in what’s best for the traveller – rather than what’s best for a transport company!
What transport do we use?
For groups of 10 or less we use ‘luxury’ minivans. With comfortable seats, air-conditioning, good experienced drivers – and a decent sound system if you want to listen to some tunes – these are perfect. Of course they leave when we ask them to, we can stop en route where we want to and the whole travel experience is far better, far more comfortable and far safer than any ‘public’ minivan.
Additionally, as there’s no random stopping to drop people off / pick people up they are far quicker – even though we can ensure that speed limits are obeyed!
For long distances with larger groups we use private coaches. These have the same benefits as the private minivans along with, of course, more space. Depending on the size of the group we use either 30 or 40 seater coaches (we always make sure there’s enough room for baggage!) giving you great room to spread out a bit and relax.
The journey from Kanchanaburi to Surin in particular is a horrible one by public transport. As a group we would need to travel to either Ayutthya or Bangkok, then change to another bus or minivan (with all the waiting around that entails) and then head to Surin – not only adding a whole load of wasted time but also a whole load of elements that are then unplanned (what time with the minvan leave, will we all be able to get into the same minivan etc).
The journey from Surin to Pak Chong may, on occasion with smaller groups, use the train. Whilst the train is slower than a private minivan or coach, it can be fun and gives a very different travel experience to the group, provides different scenery and of course allows to you wander around.
Thai’s are also some of, if not the world’s best problem solvers. Growing up in a country where the unexpected can and does tend to happen makes Thai people absolute experts at anything anyone can throw their way. And they still manage to sort out any issues with a smile on their face, not an easy thing!
After all, why come all the way to Thailand to be led around the country from someone from home? Thai’s do and will always know their own country best and understand everything about what’s going on as opposed to those from elsewhere who often think they understand, but don’t really!
Our guides know the locations you’re travelling to like the back of their hand. They know the coolest places (not necessarily the place that the guidebooks think are the coolest!), they know the places to avoid (not always easy to spot when you’re not from here) and they know how to have the most fun.
They’ve not just travelled here for a few months – they’ve lived here all their lives and you just can’t replace that sort of insider knowledge. They all work full-time with us and are constantly updating their knowledge from our network of guides (bars and clubs are always changing and why waste your time heading to a bar that is oh so last season?) and making sure they keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s going on.
Full-time guides are quite a rarity in Thailand – lots of companies prefer to use freelance guides to make sure they aren’t paying salaries in between tours – but we believe passionately in full-time employment for our team. This means that they can plan their lives and support families, they know that we will always look after them and, equally importantly, we can run on-going training and support programmes for our team. Simply put – full-time guides are way better at delivering tours than those who jump between different companies and different styles of travel.
We run on-going training for all of our guides to ensure their skills are top quality and they manage to combine huge amounts of laughs and fun with keeping everyone fit, healthy and safe.
Special payment conditions
On round the world bookings we can stage payment to make it easier to save, you can of course pay all at once.
This ensures you have enough time to save for your flights, spending money and insurance.
The fun stuff
02nd January – Saturday 04th March 2017 FULL
3rd January- Saturday 04th March 2017
01st February – Saturday 08th April 2017 FULL
2nd February- Saturday 8th April
30th May – Saturday 05th August 2017
30th June – Saturday 02nd September 2017
28th July – Saturday 30th September 2017
Start dates October onwards Round the World South East Asia 2017
See Other Round The World Trips
South East Asia is a very interesting, fun, safe and beautiful part of the world. It has a well-trodden backpacking route for good reason. This group trip will show you the best sites in Vietnam, Thailand and Laos in a whopping 9 weeks!
This trip is epic. Combining arguably two of the greatest backpacking routes in the world. You can immerse yourself in culture and good times in Southeast Asia. Prior to witnessing one of the most beautiful countries and adrenaline packed locations on the planet
So you want to do an amazing round the world trip, but not sure where to start? This is a pretty good option for you! The best parts of Thailand, Australia and New Zealand. All the must do activities, incredible places and incredible people await. From Thailand island hopping, to the East coast Australia and a mental few days in Queenstown, this is the perfect backpacking adventure.
Thailand & Australia offer the perfect mixture when you want to go travelling. Stopping off in Thailand you will be blown away by the culture, beaches and stunning beauty of the country. Featuring a month long Trip you can really do it all, lazy days on tropical beaches. Partying in Bangkok, temples and action. Then it's on to Australia, where you will have an amazing first week followed by an exciting adventure up the East coast.
Start your trip with a stunning group trip through Thailand culture, actions and lots of well deserved beach time, get cultured up in Laos, join the tubing in Vang Vieng before getting serious and join or the Outback Cowboy course or the Learn to earn on sailing yachts course in Australia!