Round The World South East AsiaBook Now
This exciting trip starts off in amazing Vietnam, with the Vietnam Experience. Starting in the North of Vietnam, in Hanoi and ending all the way in the south in Ho Chi Minh. After that, we take you on a 4 week trip to all the best parts and beaches in Thailand. Then Laos, from the Capital of Thailand, Bangkok, we take you up to the north of Thailand into stunning Laos, and back to Bangkok (so no flights needed here). Wow, what a trip!
- Including airport pick ups, English speaking guides
- Meeting new friends and sharing adventures from day 1
- Excellent guides who will be there for you and make this the best trip ever!
- Explore bustling cities: Bangkok, Hanoi, Vientiane and many more exciting cities
- Street food and Asian flavours at every turn (tip: avoid the squid jerky)
- Stunning Halong Bay UNESCO site
- Tuk Tuks, Rickshaws and crazy traffic!
- Immersing yourself in Thai Culture
- Full Moon Party
- Tropical Islands and amazing beaches
- Adventure options with Diving, Freediving, Muay Thai or Yoga
- Discover Scuba diving, island trips and Stand up paddling
- Get off the beaten track in Laos (flexible hop on hop off!)
- River tubing in Laos (not to be missed!)
- Meet and chat to other Xtreme Gappers with an online Buddy list before you travel too!
Xtreme Thailand Experience
- Explore the vibrant 1,000-year-old of historic city of Hanoi during the first week
- Learn about Buddhism and Meditation, explore interesting Vietnamese places including Pagodas and temples in the second week
- Trek the amazing Sapa mountain, visit markets and learn about the culture
- Explore the colonial architecture and amazing beaches of Hoi Ann
- Visit Nha Trang and its amazing beaches, beach time!
- Amazing shopping in Hanoi
- Visit Hoi Ann Old Quarter. It has a distinctly French colonial flare
- Finish with an epic road trip all the way down south to Ho Chi Minh City
- Exploring exciting Bangkok by the backpacking Mecca Khao San Road
- Learning about Thailand’s culture, history, and visit temples
- Stay and work with elephants
- Bathe in waterfalls
- Full Moon Party
- Adrenaline Adventures on Koh Tao like diving and freediving, Muay Thai, cross fit or yoga course.
- Koh Tao adventure day. Get ready for some serious action on long tail boats, and snorkelling
- Welcome dinner out on Koh Tao
- Activities like SUP and Discover Scuba Dive
- Lots of Chill time on Koh Tao, and beach parties to remember
- An amazing laugh all the way with fun group leaders to guide you and the rest of the group
- Connect from Bangkok up to the Amazing North of Thailand on trains and traverse Laos with our backpacker buses and guides.
- Transfer back to Bangkok Included where you catch your flight to Hanoi
- ´Jump-on’ and ‘jump-off’ the bus anywhere that you want along the way around our comprehensive route
- Go further off the beaten track for unique down-to-earth stops
- Enjoy local culture and amazing activities
- Travel with like-minded people, our legendary guides and local drivers
- We can organise guest houses, hostels, budget hotels, eco-lodges and camping accommodation options en route
Fully guided trip throughout Southeast Asia with loads of activities and inclusions
As this Round the World trip is built out of 3 trips, we would love to give you a lot more information on each trip. In the links below you will find all the information in much detail. but if you have questions you can, of course, email us, see the web form at the bottom of the page where you can leave your details and ask your question. We will get straight on it!
Check the full itineraries here
The order of the trip
- Vietnam: 3 weeks
- Thailand: 4 week
- Laos: Flexible
- Time of booking if travelling in more than 6 months -25% deposit of the balance
- At 16 Weeks until departure ” 50% of the balance
- 12 weeks before departure ” the remaining 25% balance.
- Breakfasts and accommodation throughout programme
- Airport transfer on arrival, to make it easy for you!
- Activities as per itinerary
- Orientation by our rep
- Vietnamese cooking lessons
- Vietnamese language lessons
- Jungle trekking or cultural immersion at local schools. Let us know at time of booking!
- Access to buddy lists before you go
- Personally met at the airport
- Super nice and professional guides
- All accommodation
- All activities as per itinerary, elephants, waterfalls, nationalparkss, temples
- Breakfast in the first 2 weeks
- Nights out (own expense but guided)
- Transport taking you to different parts of Thailand
- Free Wi-Fi at most resorts
- Exploring the history and culture of Bangkok by visiting various temples
- Pick your own action pack during week 3. Yoga, Muay Thai, diving or free diving
- Snorkeling in crystal clear waters around a tropical paradise island
- Boat ride to stunning tiny island
- Walk to stunning viewpoint
- Full moon party ticket included!
- Pre departure information
- Pick up at different locations in Thailand and Laos
- Reservations for extra tours and accommodation will be made by the guide
- Flexible hop on hop off Tour Pass, min 11 days needed, but we give you 2 weeks to complete it!
- All Transportation
- Services of the Tour Leader who can help with accommodation and activities
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation in Laos
- Meals in Vietnam, Thailand and Laos (in Vietnam and first 2 weeks of Thailand we include breakfast)
- Transport from Hanoi to Bangkok (Flight)
South East Asia is a very interesting, fun, safe and beautiful part of the world. It has a well-trodden backpacking route for good reason. This group trip will show you the best sites in Vietnam, Thailand and Laos in a whopping 9 weeks!
This trip is epic. Combining arguably two of the greatest backpacking routes in the world. You can immerse yourself in culture and good times in Southeast Asia. Prior to witnessing one of the most beautiful countries and adrenaline packed locations on the planet
So you want to do an amazing round the world trip, but not sure where to start? This is a pretty good option for you! The best parts of Thailand, Australia and New Zealand. All the must do activities, incredible places and incredible people await. From Thailand island hopping, to the East coast Australia and a mental few days in Queenstown, this is the perfect backpacking adventure.
Thailand & Australia offer the perfect mixture when you want to go travelling. Stopping off in Thailand you will be blown away by the culture, beaches and stunning beauty of the country. Featuring a month long Trip you can really do it all, lazy days on tropical beaches. Partying in Bangkok, temples and action. Then it's on to Australia, where you will have an amazing first week followed by an exciting adventure up the East coast.
Start your trip with a stunning group trip through Thailand culture, actions and lots of well deserved beach time, get cultured up in Laos, join the tubing in Vang Vieng before getting serious and join or the Outback Cowboy course or the Learn to earn on sailing yachts course in Australia!
This is our top-selling trip! Loaded with activities there is never a dull moment. A great way to travel Thailand safely in a group, you have a jam packed itinerary showcasing the best this amazing country has to offer. You choose your activities. An intro week, an adventure week, an action week and a beach [...]
Take an epic three week road trip throughout Vietnam from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. New friends on new adventures along the way, in truly one of the most breathtaking Southeast Asian countries. Fully guided full on bring it on! Insanely good value as well.
Get off the beaten path and visit Laos! Let us take you off the beaten path on our backpacker trip in Laos. Starting in Bangkok Thailand, you can head through one of the most rewarding countries in South East Asia, and experience the joys of tubing, waterfalls and mind boggling scenery and beer Lao!
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
Special payment conditions
On round the world bookings we can stage payment to make it easier to save, you can of course pay all at once.
This ensures you have enough time to save for your flights, spending money and insurance.
|9 (Week)||Vietnam Thailand Laos||GBP 2399||Book Now|
|9 (Week)||Vietnam Thailand Laos||GBP 2399 GBP 2327 (Early Bird)|
Book today with a deposit and travel after 10 - Feb - 2018 to lock in the early bird price. "Hurry only limited early bird spots available !"
Terms: £200 GBP deposit required on booking. Full payment 12 weeks prior to trip start.
2017 start dates
Start Vietnam Sunday 22 October
Start Vietnam Sunday 19 November
Start Vietnam Sunday 24 December
2018 start dates
Start Vietnam Sunday 14 January
Start Vietnam Sunday 18 February
Start Vietnam Sunday 18 March
Start Vietnam Sunday 15 April
Start Vietnam Sunday 17 June
Start Vietnam Sunday 15 July
Start Vietnam Sunday 12 August
Start Vietnam Sunday 16 September
Start Vietnam Sunday 11 November