Divemaster Internship HondurasBook Now
Honduras has it all underwater, superb network of caves, canyons and underwater channels. Some first-class wreck dive sites, made even more special by the excellent visibility you find in the Caribbean, and of course the extremely diverse and special marine life that you find in Honduras. At one dive site in particular, named Texas, you will find plenty to harass barracuda, elusive Sargassum trigger fish and will no doubt be diving with Dolphins on several occasions.
Divemaster Internship Honduras Highlights Include:
- Spend your days and nights, enjoying scuba diving and living on a Caribbean Island
- You can start at any level
- This course enables you earn a living in the Dive industry
- Dive the world’s second-largest barrier Reef
- Honduras has it all underwater, superb network of caves, canyons and underwater channels
- Dive with Dolphins
- Get to spend time in the Caribbean. If you want to work, life and dive as a scuba dive professional on a tropical island in the Caribbean the Xtreme Gap Divemaster programme is the one to follow
There is no set itinerary during a Divemaster course, each day is different with different dive sites and different things to learn depending on which stage of your Divemaster internship you are at. Typically a day would involve waking up bright and early, packing equipment jumping on the boat and then going for a spectacular dive before breakfast, some days you will be shadowing instructors, other days taking clients the dive is leading them through the dive sites and giving them their pre-dive safety briefings, and of course there is some theory and study about the safety of diving and everything you need to learn to become a Divemaster.
PADI Dive master internship with Xtreme Gap
Students with no dive experience. 10 week programme
No diving necessary but we suggest that you have at least tried diving in a pool or have done a Discover Scuba Diving course to see that you enjoy the experience. We would take the you through Open Water, Advanced, Rescue, First Aid and Divemaster.
Students with Open Water Certification. 9 week programme.
We would take you through Advanced, Rescue, First Aid and Divemaster.
Students with Open Water and Advanced Certification. 8 week programme.
We would take the diver through Rescue, First Aid and Divemaster.
Students with Rescue Certification. 7 week programme.
We would take you through the Dive master course.
Dive and Learn Every Day
During your Divemaster training you will be able to dive and learn every day. You will discover a mix of hard and soft corals and abundant marine life from sharks to turtles and thousands of fish. The sites vary in depth from just a few meters down to 40 meters, there is little current and the water temperature is always warm, ranging from about 27 Celcius to 32 Celcius offering amazing conditions to dive everyday on your Divemaster course abroad!
Personal attention and superb dive training
You will never be alone unless you want to. We work together with small and very professional dive school and who are able to give you a lot of personal attention and training. You will be part of the crew once you have done your open water, advanced open water and rescue diving certificates as you then start the Divemaster internship.
From that moment on you will be assisting at dives and following your own personal instructor teaching you all you need to know as a Divemaster. You will meet divers from all over the world, some staying long term just like you and some just diving for a few weeks.
We use a variety of different accommodation options usually your own cosy apartment or a shared apartment close to the dive centre.
Please note that the included accommodation does not cover your utility bills, and there will be a local payment necessary to cover your bills at the end of the stay. On average this costs US$100 per month although this does depend on your own personal usage.
That means if you run your air conditioning all the time you will end up paying more however if you take care to turn your air conditioning off and your lights off when you go out that your bills will be next to nothing.
Below is an example of an apartment our Divemaster trainees frequently stay in.
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
The diving on Roatan is some of the best found on the planet, with over 40 dive sites, wreck dives, lots of marine life (including dolphins!), walls and shore dives. Why you should become a Divemaster and train in the Caribbean:
- If you want to scuba dive every day in the Caribbean sea
- If you would like to learn a new profession that you can practice all over the world
- If you would like to be around like minded people who want to broaden their horizon and have FUN
- If you want to dive beautiful dive sites
- If you want to become a professional diver and learn all there is to know during a Divemaster internship
- If you want to learn more and become a Dive instructor, you have to start with your Divemaster, and Roatan is a great place to do it.
We suggest that you have at least $200 – $300 spending money a week for food, drink and personal expenses. Meals out are $5 – $30 depending on the restaurants. If you buy food and cook you can obviously live more cheaply.
We Include all the training you need and offer different packages depending on what level diver you are.
- Beginner to Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue & EFR to Divemaster – (10 weeks)
- Advanced Open Water, Rescue & EFR to Divemaster – (9 weeks)
- Rescue & EFR to Divemaster – (8 weeks)
- Divemaster – (7 weeks)
We also include:
- Travel advice prior to departure
- Help with your 3 month Visa
- Comfortable and clean accommodation close to the dive resort
- Island introduction and orientation and dinner party on arrival
- Dedicated dive instructor
- Use of dive equipment during the full duration of the Divemaster course
- Qualification certificates for all courses
- All teaching materials (except the Divemaster crew pack to be paid locally, 152 â‚¬)
- Substantial discounts of retail prices for all diving equipment.
- Food and drinks
- Costs for visa’s
- Utility Bills (electric and water) in your apartment (approx $100 per month)
- PADI DIVEMASTER registration and annual subscription fee
- Divemaster crew pack to be paid locally, around 150 GBP
- Travel insurance and diving insurance
- Dive computer, safety sausage