Divemaster Internship in the CarribeanBook Now
Training to become a Divemaster anywhere is a fantastic way to spend several months abroad. There are few other travel activities that can provide you with this much adventure and fun and of course the excitement of being underwater in a completely different world totally different to everything you are used to. It is highly addictive. On this course, it is particularly special because it is located in the Caribbean, on the world’s second-largest barrier Reef, with some superb dive sites so you will really enjoy your days diving in crystal clear seas.
Utila, the smallest of the smallest islands off the coast of Honduras in the Bay Islands has it all! On the island of Utila, which borders on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef system, (the 2nd largest reef in the world after the Australian Great Barrier Reef) you will discover some of the most beautiful beaches, coral reefs, and tropical island sunsets in the world. With over 100 different dive sites to choose from, including caves and wrecks (such as the famous Halliburton), here scuba diving is always interesting and never crowded.
The reef system is home to more than 65 species of stony coral, 350 species of mollusc and more than 500 species of fish. Also, it is known as the “Whale Shark Capital of the Caribbean” and is a famous location for Whale Shark encounters, year round.
And it’s not just the diving! You will be living the life on a tropical island in off the coast of Honduras in the Bay Islands. There is plenty to do here, stunning beaches, water sports, exploring and also quite a bit of nightlife! With some cool beach bars and lovely restaurants, there is always something going on in this tropical paradise.
Carribean Island Divemaster Highlights Include:
- Spend your days and nights, enjoying scuba diving and living on a Caribbean Island
- You can start at any level
- Dive the world’s second-largest barrier Reef
- Here you find it all underwater, superb network of caves, canyons and underwater channels
- Dive with Dolphins and whalesharks
- A free speciality in either Dolphin Awareness, Tec Support or Adaptive Teaching
- Get to spend time in the Caribbean. If you want to learn, life and dive on a tropical island, the Xtreme Gap Divemaster programme is the one to follow
There is no set itinerary during a Divemaster course, each day is different with different dive sites and different things to learn depending on which stage of your Divemaster internship you are at. Typically a day would involve waking up bright and early, pack equipment jumping on the boat and then going for a spectacular dive before breakfast, some days you will be shadowing instructors, other days taking clients the dive is leading them through the dive sites and giving them their pre-dive safety briefings, and of course there is some theory and study about the safety of diving and everything you need to learn to become a Divemaster.
PADI Divemaster internship in the Carribean with Xtreme Gap
Students with no dive experience. 7-week programme
No diving experience necessary but we suggest that you have at least tried diving in a pool or have done a Discover Scuba Diving course to see that you enjoy the experience. We would take you through Open Water, Advanced, Rescue, First Aid and Divemaster.
Students with Open Water Certification. 6-week programme.
We would take you through Advanced, Rescue, First Aid and Divemaster.
Students with Open Water and Advanced Certification. 5-week programme.
We would take the diver through Rescue, First Aid and Divemaster.
Students with Rescue Certification. 4-week programme.
We would take you through the Divemaster course.
Dive and Learn Every Day
During your Divemaster training, you will be able to dive and learn every day. You will discover a mix of hard and soft corals and abundant marine life from sharks to turtles and thousands of fish. The sites vary in depth from just a few meters down to 40 meters, there is little current and the water temperature is always warm, ranging from about 27 Celcius to 32 Celcius offering amazing conditions to dive every day of your Divemaster course abroad!
Personal attention and superb dive training
You will never be alone unless you want to. We work together with small and very professional dive school and who are able to give you a lot of
personal attention and training. You will be part of the crew once you have done your open water, advanced open water and rescue diving certificates as you then start the Divemaster internship.
From that moment on you will be assisting at dives and following your own personal instructor teaching you all you need to know as a Divemaster. You will meet divers from all over the world, some staying long term just like you and some just diving for a few weeks.
Your home away from home will be in a shared apartment 5-10 minute walk from our Divecentre. You will share with other students, which makes it super social.
Accommodation is including wifi, cable tv, hot water, AC and weekly cleaning. Electricity is charged extra.
Usually, after a day of diving, you meet up for a drink and chat with the staff, other divemaster students and dive customers that you might have been guiding underwater.
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
The diving on UtilA is some of the best found on the planet, with over 40 dive sites, wreck dives, lots of marine life (including dolphins!), walls and shore dives. Why you should become a Divemaster and train in the Caribbean:
- If you want to scuba dive every day in the Caribbean sea
- If you would like to learn a new profession that you can practice all over the world
- If you would like to be around like-minded people who want to broaden their horizon and have FUN
- If you want to dive beautiful dive sites
- If you want to become a professional diver and learn all there is to know during a Divemaster internship
- If you want to learn more and become a Dive instructor, you have to start with your Divemaster, and Utila is a great place to do it.
We suggest that you have at least $200 – $300 spending money a week for food, drink and personal expenses. Meals out are $5 – $30 depending on the restaurants. If you buy food and cook you can obviously live more cheaply.
Most people from the UK receive 90 days upon arrival that can then be extended for a further 30 days with a quick day trip to the mainland.
We Include all the training you need and offer different packages depending on what level diver you are.
- Beginner to Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue & EFR to Divemaster – (7-weeks)
- Advanced Open Water, Rescue & EFR to Divemaster – (6-weeks)
- Rescue & EFR to Divemaster – (5-weeks)
- Divemaster – (4-weeks)
We also include:
- Travel advise prior to departure
- Help with your 3 month Visa
- Comfortable and clean accommodation close to the dive resort
- Island introduction and orientation and dinner party on arrival
- Dedicated dive instructor
- Use of dive equipment during the full duration of the Divemaster course
- Qualification certificates for all courses
- Divemaster crew pack
- All teaching materials
- Substantial discounts off retail prices for all diving equipment.
- Food and drinks
- Costs for visa’s
- Utility Bills (electric and water) in your apartment (approx $50 – $100 per month depending on use of airconditioning)
- PADI DIVEMASTER registration and annual subscription fee
- Travel insurance and diving insurance
- Dive computer, safety sausage
- We provide all gear needed, just when you start your professional (MD) training you need your own gear.
Dec 2017 Sun: 17 Dec 2017 Book Now
Jan 2018 Sun: 07 Jan 2018 Book Now
Feb 2018 Sun: 04 Feb 2018 Book Now
Mar 2018 Sun: 04 Mar 2018 Book Now
Apr 2018 Sun: 01 Apr 2018 Book Now
May 2018 Sun: 06 May 2018 Book Now
Jun 2018 Sun: 03 Jun 2018 Book Now
Jul 2018 Sun: 01 Jul 2018 Book Now
Aug 2018 Sun: 05 Aug 2018 Book Now
Sep 2018 Sun: 02 Sep 2018 Book Now
Oct 2018 Sun: 07 Oct 2018 Book Now
Nov 2018 Sun: 04 Nov 2018 Book Now
Dec 2018 Sun: 02 Dec 2018 Book Now