Buenos Aires to Rio Travel Pass
This ultra convenient hop-on hop-off bus pass is the best way to organise your transportation and adventure activities when travelling in South America. If you do not speak Spanish or Portuguese it can be quite a hassle and a bit of a minefield to make your way around this fascinating continent. Don’t let language issues put you off exploring these amazing countries
With this travel pass backpacking in South America is so much easier. We include all your transportation and loads of free activities en route. What’s more all the itineraries are flexible and the daily departures make this the ideal solution to travel South America.
Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro Translink via Puerto Iguazu, Foz do Iguacu, Florianopolis, Sao Paulo, Paraty, Ilha Grande.
- Frequency: Daily Departures
- Minimum Travellers: 1
- Average No. of Days to Complete: 18 days
- Route: Buenos Aires -> Puerto Iguazu -> Foz do Iguacu -> Florianopolis -> Sao Paulo -> Paraty -> Ilha Grande -> Rio de Janeiro
- Transport Modes: 1 Sleeper Bus, 1 Van Transfer, 3 Semi-bed Buses, 2 Van/Boat Transfers
- Included Activities: Iguassu Falls Day Trip, Paraty Boat Cruise & Rio Favela Tour.
Note: between December and March make your booking as far in advance as possible as transport tends to fill up!
Please not once booked The itinerary is not flexible. So once you set your dates you have set times and dates to make each connection. We can however add extra nights in certain stopovers prior to booking so talk to us about what you want to do and we will sort it out for you.
Starting in Buenos Aires you head north through the top of Argentina close to Paraguay arriving at Puerto Iguazu, the gateway to Iguazu Falls. On the borders of Brazil and Argentina, with a span of nearly three kilometres and a height of 80 metres, the falls are surrounded by rainforest and are home to the typical wildlife of the region: tapirs, giant anteaters, howler monkeys, ocelots, jaguars and caymans. Next you head onwards to Florianopolis on Brazil’s Atlantic coast, and then heading north to Sao Paulo with an optional stop in Curitaba should you wish. Paraty is the next destination, before moving onto Ilha Grande. A stopover is included and there is easy access to the island. Finally you arrive in Rio de Janeiro where an included tour takes you to see the Favelas.
There is no accommodation included with this pass, however you do have access to an on-line travel desk who can help you arrange accommodation at the various stops.
- All your transportation in first class public buses or hostel to hostel mini-vans.
- Free activities and top attractions along the route.
- Exclusive discounts in recommended hostels and on activities along the way (details in your travel documentation after booking).
- Fully flexible itineraries with no time limit to the journey
- Departures every day in all routes and activities.
- English speaking backpacker concierge for all of your questions and itinerary changes.
- Email, Skype, MSN, Gmail Chat or over the phone to speak with a Bamba representative.
- Free destination guide with recommendations on where to stay, things to do, adventure activities and more in every destination along your route.
- Make friends and have the time of your life with like-minded travellers.
- Unforgettable experiences throughout Latin America.
- Spending money