Two Or Four Weeks Of Spanish In Cuba!Book Now
This programme is without doubt one of our most ambitious ever, and will see you begin your journey in the world famous capital city, Havana. You won’t be staying in a hotel though, but in a casa particular, charming guesthouses run by local people and which are one of the only examples of legal capitalism in the country.
This accommodation will allow you to immerse yourself in the local culture, as you share breakfast and lunch with the owners, as well as fellow travellers. You can even practice your Spanish on them, and they’ll certainly do their best to help you understand the country as a whole.
- Exploring this wonderful Caribbean country
- Learning Spanish with up to 80 hours of Spanish lessons
- Cruising through Havana in 1950s cars
- Exploring the culture and history of this incredible country
- Seeing what life is like living in the world last Communist states
- Gaining impressive Cuban salsa moves with included dancing lessons and other cultural activities
- Trips to the Caribbean beaches
Learn Spanish in Cuba
Much of the time in Havana will be spent learning Spanish, and you will be given 3 x 45 minute lessons every weekday. Don’t worry though, it’s not like school the lessons are informal and delivered by local teachers! The lessons are tailored to your level as well, with a test at the beginning of the program used to established what you need to be taught. You’ll be in small classes too, with about 6-8 pupils being the maximum.
You won’t just be learning the language in Havana though you’ll be learning the culture and traditions as well, and what is more Cuban than throwing your hair back and taking to the dance floor? Cubans love to dance, and you’ll get a couple of dance lessons each week to learn the basics of dances such as the cha cha cha, rumba and, of course, salsa. Okay, you won’t be an expert when you leave, but you’ll impress everyone when you get back home! You might even impress some of the locals with your moves when you head to one of the many different vibrant music venues throughout the city in the evening!
Throughout your time in Havana, you’ll also get the chance to head out on a number of excursions, taking in the different aspects of the history, culture and politics of this island. All tours are curated by a scholar from the University of Havana, meaning that you’ll only get the very best information. Once you head home, we hope that these excursions allow you to answer one simple question, a question that has baffled many people before you: what, exactly, is Cuba?
While in Cuba, you will be staying with real Cuban families, understanding what it is like to live in this country on a day to day basis. As already mentioned, you’ll stay in a casa particular while in Havana, and some of the main features of these are:
- Run by local families, therefore providing a window into the life of Cubans
- Twin rooms with air conditioning
- All rooms have on en-suite bathroom
- Breakfast and lunch included within the price
- Located in Habana Vieja, the most authentic part of the city
- Owner of the casa particular is a doctor, should any medical problems arise
- Family speaks some English, making the transition to Cuban life easier
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
- Airport pickup and transfer
- Dinner when on the cultural exchange project
- Approximately 80 hours in Spanish lessons
- Cuban dance lessons twice a week
- Three cultural sessions per week
- Costs for visas
- Spending money
- Travel insurance
Start Dates 2018
Jan-14; Feb-04 & Feb-18; Mar-04 & Mar-18; Apr- 01 & Apr-15; May-06 & May-20; Jun-03 & Jun-17; Jul-01 & Jul-15; Aug-05 & Aug-19; Sep-02 & Sep-16; Sep-30 & Oct-14; Nov-04 & Nov-18; Dec-02 & Dec- 16